The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KimKallstrom
No, he's right. You're a bigot. you're calling him as bad as the zealots he condemns and implying his views are not worth acknowledging just because you disagree with him. You have a small and feeble mind and you're also cowardly, which is a shame because it's people like you who do such a disservice to the LGBT community by undermining their safety. You are doing your utmost to endanger your brethren and you should be ashamed of yourself

Right... no.
Original post by S.olk
If you knew anything about the world of broadsheet newspapers abd the world of publication you would know that theses newspapers adapt this information all the time just to do the scaremongering that they want. so half of these facts may not even be the real thing but they may have been altered. And I can bash the newspaper if I want especially if it is a piece of a biased crap written in favour of a group of people in society-going against every ethic a newspaper should upload.

Then it's a good thing you can go straight to the source, ICM, who are independent. Perhaps you can point out some of the doctored information, changed to scaremonger?

I never said you couldn't bash the newspaper, I said if you had bothered to read the article first you would already know that the DM or any of the mainstream newspapers didn't have a hand in gathering the data.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I guess so, but as an even smaller minority I hate the association especially when lumped together negatively to slate minorities.

Does the smallest minority get a prize or something, perhaps the smaller you are the more 'protection' and thereby rights you have not to be offended?

The person with the most right not to be offended gets to dictate their own safe space and tell everyone else to shut up lol.

I'm not saying this is what you're implying or what you meant. When you said "as an even smaller minority" it felt like there was some sort of competition and my mind wondered.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Does the smallest minority get a prize or something, perhaps the smaller you are the more 'protection' and thereby rights you have not to be offended?

The person with the most right not to be offended gets to dictate their own safe space and tell everyone else to shut up lol.

I'm not saying this is what you're implying or what you meant. When you said "as an even smaller minority" it felt like there was some sort of competition and my mind wondered.

I just consider myself a true minority, relative to the world population.

So when minorities who number in the tens of millions do something bad and then minorities who number in the tens of thousands get lumped together I find it annoying, because there's nothing we can ever do to shake off the association.
Wait how many people took the survey and what was their age ?
Original post by Josb

Muslims will go to Syria because of a poll showing what they think of homosexuality?

A person called hannah said the same thing a few posts up in this thread.

It's a veiled threat, if our newspapers don't stop reporting on what Muslims are saying, they will join ISIS and kill us.

Not only that, but the implication is that we have brought it on ourselves. Blaming the future victims/targets of ISIS for the atrocities they commit, it's sick and insidious.

We antagonized them, incited them to murder us by allowing our newspapers to report what the actual Muslim community are saying.
Original post by S.olk
You clearly didnt read my post correctly cause what i am saying is that surveys like this which have mostly likely being adapted and altered into making Muslims look like the bad guys are going to alienate muslims and drive them away from society and societys value and where are going to go looking? To places where they aren't alienated but accepted which is just how ISIS groom and get their recruits, by playing on their insecurites and making up for the damage that surveys like this have done.

Do you really think muslims need propaganda to make them look bad? Insanity.
I just consider myself a true minority, relative to the world population.

So when minorities who number in the tens of millions do something bad and then minorities who number in the tens of thousands get lumped together I find it annoying, because there's nothing we can ever do to shake off the association.

Curious, what minority group do you consider yourself a part of.

And I agree, minority has become a dirty word as of late.
It's funny cos top 3 threads on News sub forum are about a Muslim saying something. You guys have severe obsession over Muslims.
Original post by JohnGreek
>Muslims believe in **** ideas
>This gets reported in surveys
>Muslims get angry and join ISIS

What an outstanding group of citizens we have on our hands.

You can't deny that for all their horrific crimes, ISIS's recruitment plan is pretty clever.
Original post by erfanullah
Wait how many people took the survey and what was their age ?

You could check the ICM website for that information, surprised no one has commented on that as of yet in this thread.

As I said earlier, this will be part of a documentary airing on channel 4 on Tuesday night, I think it's Tuesday, if you are interested about it.

There was a lot more in the stats, such as, one third thought Sharia should be brought in.
Considering Muslims only make up about 5% of the UK, I don't think the LGBT community should really be worried. Gay marriage has recently been introduced here, I doubt they'll abolish it and outlaw homosexuality that quickly (not that it's going to happen at all).
Original post by Mactotaur
You can't deny that for all their horrific crimes, ISIS's recruitment plan is pretty clever.

It would be, much of their PR team were trained in the British education system.

We are all human, they said. It can be fixed with education, they said. So they opened our borders and brought them in.

Yeah well, now we have first world educated Muslims committing genocide and forming a new caliphate........... f{}cking wonderful.

The world was better off when they were all trapped in the desert sending smoke signals for communication, or however they communicated before we gave them mobile phones.
Original post by champ_mc99
Considering Muslims only make up about 5% of the UK, I don't think the LGBT community should really be worried. Gay marriage has recently been introduced here, I doubt they'll abolish it and outlaw homosexuality that quickly (not that it's going to happen at all).

Gay marriage will likely be repealed in a couple of decades.

It will not be long until Muslim Brotherhood party / parties appear and start to gain MP's.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Curious, what minority group do you consider yourself a part of.

And I agree, minority has become a dirty word as of late.

Seychellois people.
After the whole 1 in 5 british muslims support ISIS debacle by the Sun, I'm taking every poll published in any paper with a massive grain of salt. If they could show the actual question asked in the survey, then I might take these articles more seriously again
Seychellois people.

'Goes looking on his map'

You mean African.
Original post by The_Opinion

It will not be long until Muslim Brotherhood party / parties appear and start to gain MP's.

I doubt it. It got passed by a Conservative government, and we're not likely to see a majority radical-religion government any time soon. UKIP is one of the most controversial parties around at the moment, and they only got less than 13% of all the votes.

It also looks like, of the few people actually voting, not many of them are Muslim.
Original post by The_Opinion

I highly doubt it. Even if these extreme parties appear (which I doubt too), they won't be able to convince the masses, which currently seem to support LGBT.
Original post by S.olk
Could agree with this more!!! 100% true, stupid surveys like just alienate Muslims more and make them more susceptible and attracted to messages like the one Isis preaches.

You can't just call a scientifically conducted survey 'stupid' because it reveals some harsh truths.

And how exactly do they alienate Muslims? Surely they alienate the LGBT community who are hopefully becoming aware that a growing community within the UK holds them in such contempt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending