The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE

what is the easiest way to learn trigonometry because I find it really harddd
https://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/trigonometry.html

Best teaching style I've seen. Ignore the last bit with cotangent, because that's further-maths
It's a right angle triangle and has side measurements- Pythagoras
It's a right angle triangle but has angles + sides - SOH CAH TOA
Its not a right angle triangle but you have to find the sides or angle - COSINE OR SINE
Cosine - Included angle + 2 sides OR 3 angles
Sine - The opposite to cosine :redface: Can't really explain this one to well.
Mathswatch explain this really well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SmallTown
It's a right angle triangle and has sides- Pythagoras

*sarcastically* WOW. I actually understood all of that despite knowing nothing!

*unsarcasitcally* Kid, if you're going to post a reply, add some effort. If I couldn't make sense with trig, I wouldn't understand a single thing with what you just said.

Seriously try harder with your replies...
Original post by Writer_Refresh
*sarcastically* WOW. I actually understood all of that despite knowing nothing!

*unsarcasitcally* Kid, if you're going to post a reply, add some effort. If I couldn't make sense with trig, I wouldn't understand a single thing with what you just said.

Seriously try harder with your replies...

He's given a somewhat useful reply.
It's a right angle triangle and has side measurements- Pythagoras
Its not a right angle triangle but you have to find the sides or angle - COSINE OR SINE
Cosine - Included angle + 2 sides OR 3 angles
Sine - The opposite to cosine :redface: Can't really explain this one to well.
Mathswatch explain this really well.

*snickering* OMG. You actually changed what you wrote. Wow. This is just rich. A for effort kiddo.
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
He's given a somewhat useful reply.

Mate, he changed it. And what they wrote wouldn't make sense to someone who doesn't get trig.
Mate, he changed it. And what they wrote wouldn't make sense to someone who doesn't get trig.

Fair enough
Mate, *he changed it. And what they wrote wouldn't make sense to someone who doesn't get trig.

I didn't change anything, just added more information on the other topics that include trigonometry. I just summarised the rules you need to remember for the triangles. Anyways, I didn't give this advise to you but to the OP who made this thread, so I don't see why your so quick to judge if it's not helpful. *she
Reply 9
alright thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
No need to cause an argument over a math topic guys and yeah I will use mathswatch to help me summarise it in a easier way
Thank you for all your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naomeyz_01
No need to cause an argument over a math topic guys and yeah I will use mathswatch to help me summarise it in a easier way
Thank you for all your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well calling it math not maths is a good way to start an argument
ExamSolutions and HegartyMaths or CorbettMaths
I didn't change anything, just added more information on the other topics that include trigonometry. I just summarised the rules you need to remember for the triangles. Anyways, I didn't give this advise to you but to the OP who made this thread, so I don't see why your so quick to judge if it's not helpful. *she

Look at little old SMALLTown getting sassy. I'm totes scared lol. IDC that you advised the OP (lol, OP you're totes OP, must be feeling pretty OP lol), you advised them seriously wrong. They didn't ask for a summary, but an "easy" method of understanding trig. So sit your a*s down girl.

And if you don't want people to get your gender wrong, add it to your profile, so quit getting all worked up with the whole asterisks and stuff. Before you jump to me having no defined gender, I prefer to remain anonymous :tongue: you little kiddie stalkers are just a pain in the butt.

Quick Reply

Latest