The Student Room Group

Help with showing "interest in how things work" for Bristol Uni form?

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any ideas with this.
I'm in AS year so will be choosing uni courses soon. I've been looking at Bristol uni's Engineering Design course and on their website is an example of this year's form you have to fill out if they're considering giving you an interview. One of the questions is "Give one or more examples of things you have done which show that you are interested in how things work and in making things work".
As I have quite a bit of time before possibly having to fill this in I was hoping some of you could give me ideas of projects, independent study etc I could be doing to tick off this requirement.
I'll be starting my EPQ soon so could incorporate something into that?

Thanks!! :smile:
Original post by Enggirl
Hi, was wondering if anyone had any ideas with this.
I'm in AS year so will be choosing uni courses soon. I've been looking at Bristol uni's Engineering Design course and on their website is an example of this year's form you have to fill out if they're considering giving you an interview. One of the questions is "Give one or more examples of things you have done which show that you are interested in how things work and in making things work".
As I have quite a bit of time before possibly having to fill this in I was hoping some of you could give me ideas of projects, independent study etc I could be doing to tick off this requirement.
I'll be starting my EPQ soon so could incorporate something into that?

Thanks!! :smile:

The EPQ is an ideal opportunity - you could do a group or independent project designing and making something or you could do a research based project investigating the mechanics and physics involved in something suitably complex.

The idea of this is that it comes from you and your own interests and curiosity.

Another alternative would be to ask for work experience/guided visits around local factories.

Quick Reply

Latest