The Student Room Group

I may just fail my GCSES because of my parents.

Now, i'm not blaming ANYONE for what I DO. i know that im in charge of my results.

however, i feel like even though my dad is trying to help me, hes really hindering me.

unfortunately i havent actually revised content yet, even though im supposed to start past papers :colonhash::facepalm:

(this has been happening for a while now)
so while im revising content yesterday, my dad came in and saw that i was revising and literally started raging at me, along with my mum. parents angry at me for revising you ask? not exactly- but angry for not doing past papers.

now everytime i revise, my ****ing dad just complains and distracts me about not doing past papers. for example i was doing some revision today, next thing you know he says leave re for the last day you dont need to revise it. then he complains about me not doing past papers. yes its true that you can cram RE the day before but i dont want to panic before my exam because that is what i tend to do.

everytime i have a book out he says "just do past papers your wasting your time" it may not seem like much but trust me if thats all you hear EVERY SINGLE DAY you are bound to go insane. it even makes me feel if im wasting my time. i know i should be starting past papers but there is literally no use if i haven't grasped the content yet. i try to expain how i cant learn from past papers but they dont listen

Im not even lying, my mum once saw me revising for history and she says "why are you revising, do past papers" YOU DONT LEARN FROM ****ING PAST PAPERS IN HISTORY

can someone please help me...i dont even know what to do any more and im already under pressure because i want the best results I can get (mostly A*s).
what do you think I should do?
Original post by Anonymous
Now, i'm not blaming ANYONE for what I DO. i know that im in charge of my results.

however, i feel like even though my dad is trying to help me, hes really hindering me.

unfortunately i havent actually revised content yet, even though im supposed to start past papers :colonhash::facepalm:

so while im revising content yesterday, my dad came in and saw that i was revising and literally started raging at me, along with my mum. parents angry at me for revising you ask? not exactly- but angry for not doing past papers.

now everytime i revise, my ****ing dad just complains and distracts me about not doing past papers. for example i was doing some revision today, next thing you know he says leave re for the last day you dont need to revise it. then he complains about me not doing past papers. yes its true that you can cram RE the day before but i dont want to panic before my exam because that is what i tend to do.

everytime i have a book out he says "just do past papers your wasting your time" it may not seem like much but trust me if thats all you hear EVERY SINGLE DAY you are bound to go insane. it even makes me feel if im wasting my time. i know i should be starting past papers but there is literally no use if i haven't grasped the content yet. i try to expain how i cant learn from past papers but they dont listen

Im not even lying, my mum once saw me revising for history and she says "why are you revising, do past papers" YOU DONT LEARN FROM ****ING PAST PAPERS IN HISTORY

can someone please help me...i dont even know what to do any more and im already under pressure because i want the best results I can get (mostly A*s).

Hahahaha my parents are exactly like this. Just say I know a lot better than you, close your door, and if you have the balls tell them to "**** off and let me work" if they bother you too much
Well if you fail then you are simply prooving them right. Do your own things get grades and that will prove them wrong
go to the library and revise?
Reply 4
Get a past paper and every time they walk near you pretend you're completing it?

Hey there,
I feel sorry for you nut you know what just ignore them completely !! When your results come out and when you get those A* you can show them :smile:
IGNORE YOUR PARENTS!! (just remember that) :smile:
Hope that helped
Reply 6
Original post by luciie
Get a past paper and every time they walk near you pretend you're completing it?

this ^^
Find a way to get out of the house. Mine yell a lot and it's so distracting. Head to a library or just shove your headphones in and ignore them until they get the hint and leave you to work. That or get up early or sleep late so you are revising in private when they aren't awake to annoy you.
Reply 8

I would say try and find another place where you can do your revision, like at school! So whenever you aren't near your parents you can revise how you want to but when this happens, it might be a good idea to just do past papers at home and then whatever else when you're somewhere else. Maybe past papers don't work for you but you might benefit more by doing them while concentrating compared to doing what will work but not being able to concentrate! Or just close the door in your room while you revise might make the relationship a bit worse but you would be able to concentrate a bit better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending