The Student Room Group

Amazon tv

Hey,
This is a technical question but thought it might be worth asking on here.
My sister is at Bangor university and currently in the halls of residence and I bought her an amazon fire stick and told her about the free 6 months Amazon prime for students :smile: she uses the eduroam for wifi.

Her phone works fine, she had to take her laptop to IT to get software installed to use the wifi. I have read the Bangor IT website and it seems they have software for windows, Mac, iOS to connect to wifi but it says android doesn't need any additional software, hence her Samsung phone connecting with no additional set up. I think fire tv os is an android build, so can't see why but for some reason when searching for wifi networks eduroam doesn't show? Just techlinc....(which apparently is some kind of back up) she says she clicked on this but it is out of range.

Does anyone know if there is a tweak needed to find eduroam? Or will she need to go to IT?

Many thanks
Original post by dannyjebb
Hey,
This is a technical question but thought it might be worth asking on here.
My sister is at Bangor university and currently in the halls of residence and I bought her an amazon fire stick and told her about the free 6 months Amazon prime for students :smile: she uses the eduroam for wifi.

Her phone works fine, she had to take her laptop to IT to get software installed to use the wifi. I have read the Bangor IT website and it seems they have software for windows, Mac, iOS to connect to wifi but it says android doesn't need any additional software, hence her Samsung phone connecting with no additional set up. I think fire tv os is an android build, so can't see why but for some reason when searching for wifi networks eduroam doesn't show? Just techlinc....(which apparently is some kind of back up) she says she clicked on this but it is out of range.

Does anyone know if there is a tweak needed to find eduroam? Or will she need to go to IT?

Many thanks

Oh my that sounds complicated! It might be easiest for her to just drop IT an email?
Reply 2
Amazon fire stick looks for a wpa2-psk connection and eduroam uses a wpa2-ent so it won't work
i'm having the same problem with my fire stick

Quick Reply

Latest