The Student Room Group

history a level exam

Hi. I'm studying for my history a level exam in June. I'm really worried about it. Any advice on how I can revise effectively? The topics are on nazi Germany with lots of names and dates and events. I've tried many methods, the ways I revise for other subjects doesn't work with history. Any help?
Jusr decent revusuib notes, then do essay plans, then papers. Loads of documentraies to watch on youtube that might give you a different insight into how it all fits together. Also gives you variety in studying.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Jusr decent revusuib notes, then do essay plans, then papers. Loads of documentraies to watch on youtube that might give you a different insight into how it all fits together. Also gives you variety in studying.

Thanks alot...i'll try that
Original post by Azzurri1010
Hi. I'm studying for my history a level exam in June. I'm really worried about it. Any advice on how I can revise effectively? The topics are on nazi Germany with lots of names and dates and events. I've tried many methods, the ways I revise for other subjects doesn't work with history. Any help?

bush did 9/11, comes up every year
Reply 4
Original post by Azzurri1010

I studied Democracy and Dictatorship in Germany last year for my source paper (I received an A) and the way I revised was writing down everything I knew on one topic on a piece of paper or (I have a whiteboard so I wrote it on there) and then look at my textbook and write down dates I'd forgotten and focused on the dates I forgot the most. I think the best piece of advice I heard from my teacher was don't revise the things you are confident on, revise what you find difficult, what you know needs work. We focused on revision of dates throughout the entire year, and I used flashcards to do that.

In terms of remembering people, I'd recommend writing down names and what those people are associated with, that way you'll remember what they did as well as their names.

Good luck!
I just remembered I did lots of timelines, history is about stories of events and what people did in them. Think about a TV series, except it happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending