The Student Room Group

Do I need this?

I own a iPad mini do I need an iPhone ? Is there any point? Would the functions be the same? 💭💭
Original post by Reddesert
I own a iPad mini do I need an iPhone ? Is there any point? Would the functions be the same? 💭💭

Would you take your iPad when you go out and school? Do you make phone calls on your iPad? An iPhone would be far more convenient but since you don't really care about the functions you may as well by a cheap android phone for when you go out and keep your iPad at home :smile:
Reply 2
Nobody needs any kind of technology starting with i
Original post by M14B

Internet?
Reply 4
Original post by Blondie987
Internet?

I was thinking more along the lines of apple products, but internet is also not needed really.
No, you don't need an iPhone. More generally, you don't need a phone. There are points to support getting a phone: texting, phoning and use of mobile data.

Original post by M14B

What about inoculations or insulin injections?
Reply 6
Original post by morgan8002
No, you don't need an iPhone. More generally, you don't need a phone. There are points to support getting a phone: texting, phoning and use of mobile data.

They are for wimps.
Reply 7
Well you can't call anyone on an iPad or use the internet outside of wifi unless you have a cellular one which you pay monthly for, almost like a phone contract. Functions are the same yes, but if you're looking for something that does everything, I would suggest an iPhone and not an iPad as your options are wider.
Reply 8
Original post by CeeDixon
Well you can't call anyone on an iPad or use the internet outside of wifi unless you have a cellular one which you pay monthly for, almost like a phone contract. Functions are the same yes, but if you're looking for something that does everything, I would suggest an iPhone and not an iPad as your options are wider.

I already own a iPad mini. I just wasn't too sure what new phone I should get. Samsung galaxy or the iPhone 6s Plus?💭💭
Reply 9
Original post by CeeDixon

Would you buy an iPhone if you have an iPad? I was contemplating because I feel it may be the same thing except on a iPhone you can call on it and iPad mini you can't. They seem so similar, I mean on both you can FaceTime, iMessage etc.

That's what I was wondering . ..
Original post by M14B

Why do you think that?
Reply 11
Original post by morgan8002

😂😂😂😁
Reply 12
Original post by M14B
I was thinking more along the lines of apple products, but internet is also not needed really.

But wifi is! ..
Reply 13
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
Would you take your iPad when you go out and school? Do you make phone calls on your iPad? An iPhone would be far more convenient but since you don't really care about the functions you may as well by a cheap android phone for when you go out and keep your iPad at home :smile:

I'm at uni not school. I like my iPad as I watch programmes and stuff, write lecture notes, Skype, FaceTime, iMessage etc. So I wasn't sure 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending