Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslim self-criticism

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Veiled threats of violence whilst trying to prove that your sect doesn't have a tendency to violence. Much irony. :toofunny:
    Butternuts accuses us of trying to teach him about Islam, and claims to be a Salafi

however, he doesn't even know that the "salaf" (the pious predecessors) are Muhammads's generation (his companions) and the next two generations

(Original post by Butternuts96)
    The salafis practice Islam as it was practiced by Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) and his companions and the next three generations
    one generation too many, BN http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=836

OK, now for some daleel (islamic proof)
    Sahih Al-Bukhaaree no. 2509, Sahih Muslim no. 2533] ( and several other)

Narrated by ‘Abdullaah bin Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (may Allaah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“The best of generations is my generation, then those after them and then those after them. Then there will come a people, their testimony preceding their oaths and their oaths preceding their testimonies.”

However, I found also this (Sahih Bukhari - Book 57, Hadith 2)

Narrated / Authority Of: Zahdam bin Mudarrib
    I heard Imran bin Husain saying, "The Prophet (SAW) said, 'The best people are those living in my generation, then those coming after them, and then those coming after (the second generation)."

And then (to BN's partial excuse) :

Imran added "I do not know whether the Prophet (SAW) mentioned two or three generations after your present generation. The Prophet (SAW) added, 'There will be some people after you, who will be dishonest and will not be trustworthy and will give witness (evidences) without being asked to give witness, and will vow but will not fulfill their vows, and fatness will appear among them." http://mobile.ahadith.co.uk/chapter.php?page=2&cid=136

This seems to be however an isolated hadith https://asimiqbal2nd.files.wordpress...ifa-hadith.pdf

In any case: beware of the third generation (especially those fat guys)

check their BMI (Body Mass Index) before believing anything they say !

(Original post by Oblivion99)
    Rape? (...) this also occurs in India "every girl is raped every 20 minutes"
    good Lord... how can those poor Indian girls even find the time to have a decent meal, or to watch a nice Bollywood movie ?

thanks for informing us

PS oblivion's post is of course slightly (and involuntarily) exaggerated. This said, rape in India is a serious problem, and should not be taken lightly

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Veiled threats of violence whilst trying to prove that your sect doesn't have a tendency to violence. Much irony. :toofunny:
    You implied violence, I implied a verbal duel. Stop trying to desperately related everything to violence.

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    Are you aware of the history of the Islamic empire and the propagation of Islam? It's a stupid question really, of course you're not. If you'd actually taken the time to research the actions of Mohammad (pbuh) I doubt you'd be defending his ideology like this.

Please, go and look up the massacre of the Banu Quraysh as a minimum. It would be better if you also researched the pre - Islamic Meccan culture and the desecration of the Pagan shrine of the Kaaba, during which the Quraysh tribes were forced to convert to Islam. You should also read up on the fates of those who refused to convert. I think you'll find it quite interesting. Keep in mind that the Qu'ran was written during these times and that this is the context in which the Qu'ran's violent verses were written.

After you've done your homework, THEN you can debate this topic.
    Nah mate. Noone's forced to convert or they die. That's a fundamental concept in my religion.

Nah mate. Noone's forced to convert or they die. That's a fundamental concept in my religion.
    Like I said mate, go and read the Sira and the history of the time.

as mentioned here, read the story of the Banu Qurayza. All male members of the tribe who had grown pubic hair were sentenced to death for their alleged "treason" and executed, except those who saw the light and "spontaneously" decided to convert to Islam (the rest of those "traitors", women and children, were shared out as booty among Muslims)

remember also that the option of not converting (by accepting to pay jizyah) is open (as per Quran 9:29) only to "People of the Book", who then have access to "protection" and become "dhimmis".

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled."

Historically, this applied to Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians and "Sabians". Since no one knew exactly who the "Sabians" mentioned in the Quran were, several religious communities in the Middle East competed for that last available space of dhimma, since it offered some relative protection

This competition was eventually won by the Mandaeans https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeans, while Harranians apparently lost out and disappeared https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harran
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.