The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Accomodation in 2nd and 3rd year?

Soo...I'm thinking of firming Kent, but I was wondering if in 2nd and 3rd year there's a possibility of living in an accommodation and not leaving the Canterbury campus. I'll study Architecture, so I'll spend a lot of time in the studios and would carry around projects and so on, which would make my living in the city kinda harder. Could someone tell me if there's such possibility, because as far as I understood 2nd and 3rd year students have to rent a housing in the city.

Thanks in advance :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Unfortunately, no they only provide on campus accommodation to students in the first year. You would have to find off campus accommodation and usually it may be cheaper and some places are quite close.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by AsianStandard
Unfortunately, no they only provide on campus accommodation to students in the first year. You would have to find off campus accommodation and usually it may be cheaper and some places are quite close.

Thank you sooo much for your help! 😄
Reply 3
Original post by Misha97
Soo...I'm thinking of firming Kent, but I was wondering if in 2nd and 3rd year there's a possibility of living in an accommodation and not leaving the Canterbury campus. I'll study Architecture, so I'll spend a lot of time in the studios and would carry around projects and so on, which would make my living in the city kinda harder. Could someone tell me if there's such possibility, because as far as I understood 2nd and 3rd year students have to rent a housing in the city.

Thanks in advance :h:

There is a way to live on campus if you have special circumstances, for example: anxiety, depression, medical condition, disability, etc. I have a friend who lives in the same flat for the third year in a row.

The majority of people choose to live off campus as it is a natural thing at Kent. So if you still choose staying in halls think about the fact that every year you will live with first years who often prioritise social and night-life over their studies.

You shouldn't worry about living off campus. Kent is surrounded by residential areas so you can live as close as 5-10 minutes on foot from campus. Living of campus is way cheaper than in halls and you can often choose who you want to live with.
Reply 4
Original post by daryZ
There is a way to live on campus if you have special circumstances, for example: anxiety, depression, medical condition, disability, etc. I have a friend who lives in the same flat for the third year in a row.

The majority of people choose to live off campus as it is a natural thing at Kent. So if you still choose staying in halls think about the fact that every year you will live with first years who often prioritise social and night-life over their studies.

You shouldn't worry about living off campus. Kent is surrounded by residential areas so you can live as close as 5-10 minutes on foot from campus. Living of campus is way cheaper than in halls and you can often choose who you want to live with.

Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey! I am a prospect student of University of Kent. Does the living off campus rule apply to top-up degree students?

Thank you in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest