The Student Room Group

ridiculous i know, career advice needed (ie suggestions)

my career goal is management but i dont know what field. i have literally no idea!
is there a website that can filter down suggestions to give me the areas i can consider based on my skills, quals etc

or any websites that deal with career positions and sectors etc
Hello!

Perhaps Milkround's sector page on Business & Management might be a start?

It covers what Management entails, what job opportunities there are out there and how to get into management. The good news is, you can go into management in any sector you choose - all businesses need management! My suggestion would be to have a think about the industries that interest you, and look at opportunities within those industries. For example, are you interested in technology? Fashion? Maybe food and drink?

Hope this gives you some food for thought!

Thanks,

Chantelle
Original post by shawtyb
my career goal is management but i dont know what field. i have literally no idea!
is there a website that can filter down suggestions to give me the areas i can consider based on my skills, quals etc

or any websites that deal with career positions and sectors etc

You could narrow it down by thinking about what type of environment you'd want to be managing in- would you prefer an office environment? Or something with more face to face interaction with customers? What about management appeals to you- is it the more logistical side of things, the interpersonal side, the long term strategic side of things?

You could consider applying to lots of graduate schemes which aim people at management and see what sticks?
Reply 3
thanks all! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending