The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Accommodation

Applying for my Bath accommodation soon and want to know which halls are the most social i.e. partying etc? Thanks
Original post by AndrewBennett98
Applying for my Bath accommodation soon and want to know which halls are the most social i.e. partying etc? Thanks

At all costs, I would avoid any of the En-Suite ones, as these are generally polluted by snobs who don't want to get their fingers wet. Partying for them involves tea and scones. The stereotype of a party guy is someone who lives in a rotting shithole with his fellow unhygienic mates, not someone who cannot share a shower..

Anyway, the best for you is Norwood by far, considering that it is located above Bath's club, the student union and the general social scene. Otherwise, Eastwood, being basic and close to campus, is also ideal.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between Marlborough and solsbury? I know they're always listed together but there must be some differences?
Original post by Bath~Student
At all costs, I would avoid any of the En-Suite ones, as these are generally polluted by snobs who don't want to get their fingers wet. Partying for them involves tea and scones. The stereotype of a party guy is someone who lives in a rotting shithole with his fellow unhygienic mates, not someone who cannot share a shower..

Anyway, the best for you is Norwood by far, considering that it is located above Bath's club, the student union and the general social scene. Otherwise, Eastwood, being basic and close to campus, is also ideal.

What is your problem man? Do you have nothing better to do? Every time I see you, you're being insecure about accommodation.......
Original post by bathstudent16
What is your problem man? Do you have nothing better to do? Every time I see you, you're being insecure about accommodation.......

Insecure?????

I am merely giving advice..

(?!)
Insecure?????

I am merely giving advice..

(?!)

Sure you are. Always talking about how horrible and posh and snobby people in any en-suite accommodation is. Get a grip, man.
Original post by bathstudent16
Sure you are. Always talking about how horrible and posh and snobby people in any en-suite accommodation is. Get a grip, man.

If you cannot productively contribute to the OP's query, p*ss off.
If you cannot productively contribute to the OP's query, p*ss off.

I actually can, but I just had to say something about your horrible comments over the past week.
Hi andrew. The neat thing about quads is that it has a social space on each floor. I've heard that whether or not this is beneficial depends on the people on your floor, but it could come quite in handy! Norwood also has a huge social area, but then again you'd have to share a building with the other commenter, and i'm sure he would sour your mood!

Let me know what you pick (:
Original post by perrya09
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between Marlborough and solsbury? I know they're always listed together but there must be some differences?

I don't think there are any differences except the names. That's why they're listed together and priced the same.
Hi,

Yes, you're absolutely right, they're almost identical! They are neighboring blocks with exactly the same facilities. One might be a tadge newer, but they're basically identical.

Rob
2nd Year Civil Engineer

Original post by perrya09

Original post by undine_monty
I don't think there are any differences except the names. That's why they're listed together and priced the same.
Reply 11
Hi does anyone know whether "Ensuite shower shared" at Woodland Court means shared room or bathroom ??
Sorry if this is a stupid question...
Thanks !!
Original post by F.J.
Hi does anyone know whether "Ensuite shower shared" at Woodland Court means shared room or bathroom ??
Thanks !!

Shared room
Original post by F.J.
Thanks !!

I'm guessing that you've waited too long to apply for accommodation like me 😆

Quick Reply

Latest