The Student Room Group

Need a Change: Completely Stuck

When I was choosing my course for Uni (Politics) I was sleepwalking. I chose the course not out of any particular interest in the subject, but just because I needed to choose a course and wanted to go to Uni. Now I'm in the second semester, bored, tired and with very little interest in my course.

Honestly, I can't imagine myself wanting to go to work in this sector and right now I feel I've wasted my year. The only other things I am interested in are drama and watching sports but really I have no experience academically with these fields and leaving this course to do either would be a huge risk and maybe not even possible to do.

I'm panicking at the moment as I want a change yet don't know either what I want to change to or how to do it.

I know this sounds like a rant and doesn't make sense but if there's any advice anyone can give. Any at all it would be very much appreciated. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Hardigan
When I was choosing my course for Uni (Politics) I was sleepwalking. I chose the course not out of any particular interest in the subject, but just because I needed to choose a course and wanted to go to Uni. Now I'm in the second semester, bored, tired and with very little interest in my course.

Honestly, I can't imagine myself wanting to go to work in this sector and right now I feel I've wasted my year. The only other things I am interested in are drama and watching sports but really I have no experience academically with these fields and leaving this course to do either would be a huge risk and maybe not even possible to do.

I'm panicking at the moment as I want a change yet don't know either what I want to change to or how to do it.

I know this sounds like a rant and doesn't make sense but if there's any advice anyone can give. Any at all it would be very much appreciated. Thanks. :smile:

I think you should consider taking some time out to discover what it is that your really want to do, maybe take a gap year and work for the year and spend some time looking into drama and sports options. I certainly dont think you should stay at university and use more funding up when you aren't happy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why dont you schedule a meeting with your course advisor and ask them for their advice.

They have probably had many students over the years with the same types of problems so they might have the perfect way to help you.

If you are thinking about switching course, then it is definitely a possibility, but again best to speak to your advisor.

hope everything works out ! :smile:

Quick Reply