The Student Room Group

Are intelligent people unattractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A lot of average or ugly people in their teens become better looking when they grow up.
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
that's a cliché. When I was in college there was a girl that got A* A* A* A in her A-levels and she looks exactly like mila kunis but with shorter hair

Can I be her pls? :ashamed2:
Not necessarily. I know plenty of attractive smart girls, and by smart it doesn't necessarily mean grades.
Nope.
There are plenty of attractive people who are intelligent!!
As for the popularity aspect. Imtelligent people spend more time becoming intelligent than wasting their time on becoming drunk all the time.
Therefore they dont hang out wih their friends as much as they have other things to do
A couple of the most attractive girls in my school are darn smart so like.. no not at all.

Original post by zXcodeXz
You have amazing memes how?!??

normie tier still impresses why
Original post by Retired_Messiah
A couple of the most attractive girls in my school are darn smart so like.. no not at all.

normie tier still impresses why

Lol
Reply 26
Original post by Changing Skies
Definitely not. I know plenty of very good looking people who are also very intelligent. There's no correlation.

ty
Intelligent people are sexy af.

Mmm an Oxford grad gets me moist.
Original post by RobML
ty

No worries babe. Glad you worked out I was talking about you :wink:
Reply 29
Original post by Changing Skies
No worries babe. Glad you worked out I was talking about you :wink:

u shud see me watch uni challenge :hubba:
jermemey paxmen wud die to be me
Have you seen that maths guy from Imperial? I'm straight but even I would.
a lot of people work hard at school to over compensate for being ugly
I find intelligence very sexy.
I find intelligence attractive.
Then there are those who are both smart and hot af :cry2:
I think there is actually a modest correlation between being physically attractive and intelligence, interestingly enough.

Note, by stating literature I'm not purposefully indirectly blowing my own horn :wink:

Something to do with better looking people being happier, resulting in better academics and more interest in learning due to their success at it. Though not always the case, as on the other hand people as they are unhappy can focus on something, like school work, to take their mind off things and boost their self-esteem.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Actually, numerous studies has found there to be a slight positive correlation between IQ and attractiveness

Surprising, given that intelligent people rarely care about their looks.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/explainer/2012/01/are_smart_people_ugly_the_explainer_s_2011_question_of_the_year_.html

The real question is why people have a perception that smart people are ugly.

Damn, beat me to it!
Original post by intelligent con
Anyone else noticed the people with the best grades don't tend to be the best looking or most popular? Granted most aren't total outcasts either and are usually not hideous but they don't tend to be stunners like most of the popular airheads. Do you guys feel this is true, I know it may be different if you go to a private school but in state schools this seems to be the general rule. Are top universities which don't do dossy courses filled with 5's and 6's?

Well, your avatar picture would seem to give evidence for this phenomena assuming your name accurately reflects your intellect

(By the way please don't kill me I'm only joking!!!)
I've known hot, smart people and not so hot, less smart people.
I think that it's all stereotyped rubbish and that any apparent correlation between intelligence and attractiveness is a coincidential correlation.

Besides, everyone is beautiful on the inside :P
Brain Cox or Steve Stifler?
Maggie Aderin-Pocock or Nadia?
Steve vs Steve?

I have come to the very sad conclusion that most people would consider the dumbasses sexier.

Quick Reply

Latest