The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Food, Nutrition & Health for a mature student

Hello everyone,
I've received an unconditional for the BSc fast track degree at Abertay and I'm wondering if anyone is studying this or the Food & Consumer Sciences and I could ask a few questions regarding the course content.

Thanks!
Original post by JessWHH
Hello everyone,
I've received an unconditional for the BSc fast track degree at Abertay and I'm wondering if anyone is studying this or the Food & Consumer Sciences and I could ask a few questions regarding the course content.

Thanks!

Hi Jess, I'm a mature student in my final year studying Food & Nutrition at another uni, mine was a 4 year sandwich course with a year in industry. Just had a quick look online and the Abertay course looks very similar...what specifically do you want to know about the course content? The main thing to consider is what you want to do when you graduate, do you want to work in food manufacture? Or were you hoping to work in public health?
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
Hi Zoe, thanks so much for your reply. Basically, I've been working as a chef, baker and caterer for the past 4 years and I am looking to further my job prospects either in food manufacturing or as a home economics teacher. Have you found the course to complement your industry experience? And what are your career prospects after the course?Also I live in Glasgow but will be studying in Dundee and was hoping for an idea of how many days a week I should plan to be in university in the first year. I have booked in for a meeting with lecturers and advisors at Abertay now so I know I will be able to ask these questions there as well.Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
So how many days per week is it in 1st year? Did you find out?

Quick Reply

Latest