The Student Room Group

Biology past papers

So we're doing edexcel for biology and on our timetable it says paper 1 and paper 2. However when I try and look for past papers on the edexcel website it says unit 1,2 and 3. Is this the same for anyone? can anyone direct me to a correct past paper? And does anyone know what's the difference in terms of content for paper 1 and 2?
Original post by I'm-so-screwed
So we're doing edexcel for biology and on our timetable it says paper 1 and paper 2. However when I try and look for past papers on the edexcel website it says unit 1,2 and 3. Is this the same for anyone? can anyone direct me to a correct past paper? And does anyone know what's the difference in terms of content for paper 1 and 2?

Unit 3 would be the practical exam i believe:smile:
Reply 2
I am also doing the sciences from edexcel. If you are doing the full biology gcse you will do 3 units- B1, B2, B3 and a practical Controlled Assessment. (chemistry C1, C2, C3 and a CA, physics P1, P2, P3 and a CA). All of these are one hour exams (so in the summer I'll be sitting 9 exams- I've already done my 3 controlled assessments).

Since your timetable only seems to list 2 Biology papers, then i would assume you are not doing separate sciences but are doing core and additional science gcses
(Core Science- B1, C1, P1 plus a practical controlled assessment
Additional Science- B2, C2, P2 plus a practical controlled assessment)

So Paper 1 for Biology probably refers to B1 and Paper 2 to B2
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kevin:)
I am also doing the sciences from edexcel. If you are doing the full biology gcse you will do 3 units- B1, B2, B3 and a practical Controlled Assessment. (chemistry C1, C2, C3 and a CA, physics P1, P2, P3 and a CA). All of these are one hour exams (so in the summer I'll be sitting 9 exams- I've already done my 3 controlled assessments).

Since your timetable only seems to list 2 Biology papers, then i would assume you are not doing separate sciences but are doing core and additional science gcses
(Core Science- B1, C1, P1 plus a practical controlled assessment
Additional Science- B2, C2, P2 plus a practical controlled assessment)

So Paper 1 for Biology probably refers to B1 and Paper 2 to B2

Nah man, i'm doing AQA for chemistry and physics which compose of 3 tests each it's just the biology exam that's edexcel and it's like that for everyone in the school. My bio paper 1 is 2h long so have they combined unit 1 and 2 and just called it paper ?
Reply 4
Original post by I'm-so-screwed
Nah man, i'm doing AQA for chemistry and physics which compose of 3 tests each it's just the biology exam that's edexcel and it's like that for everyone in the school. My bio paper 1 is 2h long so have they combined unit 1 and 2 and just called it paper ?

They can't just combine papers. You see, everyone doing edexcel biology (this applies to all exams btw) will do it at the same day at the same time (there may be some circumstances such as illness or exams clashing which means a few individuals don't- but that's the exception to the rule).

Edexcel B1 is going to be on the 17th of May in the afternoon for everyone doing edexcel science, for example. So this is why papers cannot be combined

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending