The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians & Artists Thread

WELCOME
So hey guys, since most of you know I am a massive music lover and I play my own instruments and I sing too, I decided we should have a thread where us aspiring musicians and singers/bands come together to discuss our ventures and possibly collaborate on here virtually.

You can post snippets of song lyrics, videos, gain inspiration or just chat to us fellow singers and musicians. If you don't play or sing, that doesn't matter at all! You can help us maybe write a song and provide feedback for us. It's a chance for us to get to know each other and try something new out.

Regardless of your musical talents, you are welcome to join in the chat! :excited:

Every Friday, I will host a music quiz as well as fun and games during the times of 7pm-9pm.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rhythmical
WELCOME
So hey guys, since most of you know I am a massive music lover and I play my own instruments and I sing too, I decided we should have a thread where us aspiring musicians and singers/bands come together to discuss our ventures and possibly collaborate on here virtually.

You can post snippets of song lyrics, videos, gain inspiration or just chat to us fellow singers and musicians. If you don't play or sing, that doesn't matter at all! You can help us maybe write a song and provide feedback for us. It's a chance for us to get to know each other and try something new out.

Regardless of your musical talents, you are welcome to join in the chat! :excited:

Every Friday, I will host a music quiz as well as fun and games during the times of 7pm-9pm.

Create TSR thread for help with music.
Profit.
Split profit with Andy98 cause he's awesome

That right? :tongue:

Although on a serious note, great idea kiddo
Reply 2
Original post by Andy98
Profit.

If we even get money :tongue: we need the idea to spread, I tagged you because I hardly know anyone else who is musical. And I have a great brain, hence the great ideas :wink: I bet I'm older than you "kiddo" :tongue:
Reply 3
If we even get money :tongue: we need the idea to spread, I tagged you because I hardly know anyone else who is musical. And I have a great brain, hence the great ideas :wink: I bet I'm older than you "kiddo" :tongue:

Well; I know @Kyx has requested me to write some lyrics for the instrumental to The Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know.... Which in all honesty I'm a bit stumped about where to start, it's an easy enough song to write lyrics to once there's an idea to go off though. Also, I believe @Imperion is into creating more dubstep-type music, he was working on a beat for me to write a rap for I think.

I never said you didn't have a great brain, but I'm no neuroscientist :tongue:

You probably are older than me, but I call everyone kiddo, kiddo :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Andy98
Well; I know @Kyx has requested me to write some lyrics for the instrumental to The Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know.... Which in all honesty I'm a bit stumped about where to start, it's an easy enough song to write lyrics to once there's an idea to go off though. Also, I believe @Imperion is into creating more dubstep-type music, he was working on a beat for me to write a rap for I think.

I never said you didn't have a great brain, but I'm no neuroscientist :tongue:

You probably are older than me, but I call everyone kiddo, kiddo :wink:

Aw that's so cool. Ideally I want us to work on projects together and help each other out, we all like different music and can combine these loves to create something special! I'm surprised no one has done this before!
Reply 5
Aw that's so cool. Ideally I want us to work on projects together and help each other out, we all like different music and can combine these loves to create something special! I'm surprised no one has done this before!

I know, I thought about making a thread a while ago but I didn't think I'd get the support for it so I didn't bother. Bit daft considering I once made a thread in Forum Games which was counting to a million in binary (and one for minus a million in 2's compliment) :rofl:

@z33 probably knows loads of people
Reply 6
Original post by Andy98
I know, I thought about making a thread a while ago but I didn't think I'd get the support for it so I didn't bother. Bit daft considering I once made a thread in Forum Games which was counting to a million in binary (and one for minus a million in 2's compliment) :rofl:

@z33 probably knows loads of people

I stole your idea haha and we need more people, the creative the better! :tongue:
Reply 7
I stole your idea haha and we need more people, the creative the better! :tongue:

Indeedio :holmes:

@acupofgreentea, @Hydeman, @FrenchUnicorn, you guys wanna help??
Reply 8
Original post by Andy98
Indeedio :holmes:

@acupofgreentea, @Hydeman, @FrenchUnicorn, you guys wanna help??

Omg we can write songs in French!
Oooooooooo, hi. This seems interesting :ahee: I sing :biggrin:
Original post by ravioliyears

Duet maybe? :biggrin:
Duet maybe? :biggrin:

*my avatar* that would be sooo cooooll! Please not that I've only ever sung in front of a few people and I get very scared when I sing :redface:
Reply 12
Omg we can write songs in French!

My French is very limited so speak for yourself

And bang. Like that we've already got a less slutty N-Dubz :tongue:
Original post by Andy98

:toofunny:
*my avatar* that would be sooo cooooll! Please not that I've only ever sung in front of a few people and I get very scared when I sing :redface:

I'd love that, I know how you feel but I find it gets easier when you just sing out loud and not give a ****.

Original post by Andy98

No we have @FrenchUnicorn, well not at the moment but one day lol.
Reply 15
:toofunny:

Although I won't wear those stupid bobble hats :tongue:

I guess, although it'll still be tricky getting it to rhyme in French
This sounds fun, I'd love to be a part of anything, I can't sing for my life but I'm proficient in piano, sax, harmonica, and have been teaching myself bass in the past month (so not very good)
I'd love that, I know how you feel but I find it gets easier when you just sing out loud and not give a ****.

The one song I can sing really well is Warwick Avenue by Duffy :redface: - and thats the chorus
Original post by QuantumSnowy
This sounds fun, I'd love to be a part of anything, I can't sing for my life but I'm proficient in piano, sax, harmonica, and have been teaching myself bass in the past month (so not very good)

:woo:
Original post by Andy98
Profit.

:rofl:

Spoiler

Quick Reply