The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan query

Hi just a parent here with a query!! My daughter has been awarded her maintenance loan for September 2016 when she applied my wage was lower and taken from my p60 2014/15 tax year ,I have just been given a payrise that i didnt know i was getting do i have to tell student finance now or will it be taken into account from my next p60 2015/2016 tax year when she reapplys for the next academic yeaf. Sorry very long winded hope this makes sense!
Original post by suziesue
Hi just a parent here with a query!! My daughter has been awarded her maintenance loan for September 2016 when she applied my wage was lower and taken from my p60 2014/15 tax year ,I have just been given a payrise that i didnt know i was getting do i have to tell student finance now or will it be taken into account from my next p60 2015/2016 tax year when she reapplys for the next academic yeaf. Sorry very long winded hope this makes sense!

SFE will only reassess using current year tax records if household income FALLS by 15%. Otherwise the old tax records are used.

Eventually the payrise will be assessed but not for a year or two.
Reply 2
Excellent thankyou. Very helpful somone told that i had to declare it straight away and she wont be entitled to what she has been awarded!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending