The Student Room Group

What subjects should I choose in A-level to do Law in uni?

I'm currently doing a year in sixth form, studying a BTEC course and I need help to choose my A-level subjects for next year. The reason as to why I'm doing a BTEC course at the moment is because there were a few complications when it came to my English language exam paper, therefore because of this I have to do an extra year, retaking my GCSE English language. This means that I will be spending three years in total of sixth form (instead of the usual two). Now all I need to do is to choose what subjects I will be taking next year that will allow me to study law at university. However I do not yet know what type of Law course I would want to pursue.
I would suggest history, English of one kind or another though I think people generally take lit (but I might be wrong), a language if you think you can manage it and something that you love and that shows your skills off (eg a science or maths to show variety)
Best combination would be History Maths Chemistry Physics and/or biology tbh for law
English Literature, History, then any 2 other (academic) subjects. Good options could include languages (modern and/or ancient), gov/politics, philosophy/ethics/religion, maths or a science (i would say only one), geography, or an art (as long as 3 subjects are academic). Technically you can do any just include 2 traditional essay subjects, but I believe History and EngLit are looked upon well.
Reply 4
Yeah I thought about taking English literature, however Im really nervous for taking that subject because of how difficult many people say it is. History is a 100% hell no.
You don't need to do English or history. As long as your subjects are academic, you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending