The Student Room Group

Female martial arts instructor teaching a male?

What do you think of this scenario?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's hope this gets interesting.
its legit
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see why this scenario is any different to one where a male is teaching a female. I'm a female and also a black belt in Karate and I regularly teach at my local Karate club and no one has ever treated me different because of my gender.
Reply 4
:teeth:
Nothing? Not sure why this is a question. Trying to trigger a sexism debate I expect. If so - childish, grow up.
I think it's great they have hobbies?
Reply 7
Its no different than having instructure, and shouldn't be (most of my instructors were female).
Reply 8
Basically a form of tease and denial innit. :teehee:
I prefer to learn from men.
Infact looking at it now everything i have learned apart from spanish is from men.
I would never learn martial arts from a woman though.
lol at that even crossing my mind.
Why should it matter? The fact that they have the black belt shows that they have gone through the system themselves and earned the right to share their expertise. Why should them being a woman mean anything?
It's not really a problem if you practice for sport, but if it's for self defence then it might be; 99.99% of attacks are not going to be from females, so learning moves from someone with those kind of mechanics isn't going to be ideal.
When my Karate instructor is off his girlfriend takes the class.
It was weird at first but now is ok except her squeeky voice
Original post by Souljer
Sparking homosexual personality shining through once again! Believe it or not peoples opinions differ (shocking I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

S e r i o u s l y?

What is the relevance of my sexuality to anything said? ****ing hell.

Yeah, and your opinion is sexist and stupid? Get over it.
Original post by Slowbro93
Why should it matter? The fact that they have the black belt shows that they have gone through the system themselves and earned the right to share their expertise. Why should them being a woman mean anything?

It shouldn't.
Original post by ivybridge
Nothing? Not sure why this is a question. Trying to trigger a sexism debate I expect. If so - childish, grow up.

Oh ffs........
I think having a woman as an instructor would be better than a man. In my experience women (who train hard) generally have better technique than guys at a similar level, because they cant rely on strength. If a woman has achieved multiple black belts and made it to an instructor level, she's had to fight and train against guys much bigger than her. She's had to be exceptionally good because otherwise she'd just get thrown around.
Reply 17
Original post by ivybridge
S e r i o u s l y?

What is the relevance of my sexuality to anything said? ****ing hell.

Yeah, and your opinion is sexist and stupid? Get over it.

Time of the month?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
Sparking homosexual personality shining through once again! Believe it or not peoples opinions differ (shocking I know)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe it or not, people's sexuality (in this instance) has nothing to do with the differing opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing at all.

Don't see why it'd be an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest