Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

freshers week

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Just relised I am away in Portrugal over freshers week and I was just wondering how much of disadvantage it will be?

Yeah I'm also wondering this as I'm wanting to go to Bestival which finishes on 11th or 12th sept...would be missing the first day and first night...is that much of a biggie? Thanks x

Shouldn'y be a huge disadvantage. Basically its Tuesday and Thursday which are the days I think usually assigned as "college days"-you have induction lectures, which are just admin. If you get to chose modules, i think you sign up for them officially then. I'd let someone in the support team for your course/college know so they can tell you what to do.

Final day of freshers (sunday) is the fair, where you can sign up for soceties all in one place. I couldnt find most of what i wanted to do, so ended up going to their events and signing up later on-no problems doing that either. Other things are taster events, but usually a society/club will let you come to one event for free just to try it out if you want.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.