The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Confused about fees :(

Because of extortionate university fees in the UK for foreign language degrees (usually 4 years, so £36,000), I have my sights set on the University of Groningen in The Netherlands, where prices are considerably lower. However, I hold 2 passports (one British, and the other Dutch) and was wondering how much I would have to pay each year in tuition fees if I were to apply to a Scottish or Welsh university. Could I pay the lower fees like the Scottish, Welsh and European students do with my Dutch (EU) passport, even though I live in England?
Any response is appreciated :smile:
Original post by helloimlukas
Because of extortionate university fees in the UK for foreign language degrees (usually 4 years, so £36,000), I have my sights set on the University of Groningen in The Netherlands, where prices are considerably lower. However, I hold 2 passports (one British, and the other Dutch) and was wondering how much I would have to pay each year in tuition fees if I were to apply to a Scottish or Welsh university. Could I pay the lower fees like the Scottish, Welsh and European students do with my Dutch (EU) passport, even though I live in England?
Any response is appreciated :smile:

Hi there,

You should be able to find the answers to your questions on this page of our website: http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees/#/feestatus

It can sometimes be a bit confusing if you hold two passports though so if you have any questions I would recommend emailing: [email protected]

Hope this helps,

Hamish

University Staff Member
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply