Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Eng lang What did i get out of 8? // AQA

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

So i did a practice question 3 just now (june 2014 higher) because I was having trouble with that question, but watched mrbruff's 2 videos on it and i think it really helped me but i'm not sure if I said exactly what the question asked :s

In paragraph 1, Cash Peters experiences a feeling of being let down, whih is evident in the short pessimistic endings of his sentences "there isn't". He used "I suppose" to reflect his boredness and writes of the insects pestering him which shows the reader how he seems to be itching in his own skin but also how everything around him seems to be annoying him.

In the middle of the article, he starts to get scared as he realises how vast the ocean is. This seems to be justifying his feelings towards Vanuatu: he is not used to be so alone.

When Cash Peters uses a direct quote from his mind "You idiot signing that goddamned contract" he feels a sense of being able to change his future, although that feeling is in the past and a feeling he doesn't articulate in the present.

The article then stops describing his current situation and present thoughts and feelings and focuses on how similar the experience is to being lost as a child: how alone and bewildered he was. Overall in the article, the writer blames noone but himself, which is reflected in the imagery of the dark night where he is faced with no one but himself.

Its annoying becasue it seems to suit a literature exam even :/ but yeah any help would be great last mock exams i achieved low a*s but i want higher because my coursework was an a
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2016
TSR Support Team
What do wear to bed?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.