The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Private Halls/Accommodation in Brighton

I'm a 21F intercalating student from Veterinary Science at the University of Liverpool coming to the University of Sussex for one year in 2016/17 to study year 3 Neuroscience.

Sussex refuse to offer me University halls so I want to look in to private halls but there don't seem to be many available now so I don't know what to do, because that was my preferred option for meeting new people.

I'm not sure about a getting some random room in a houseshare as not liking the people or them being too noisy etc is a worry, plus them all being friends already rather than meeting each other for the first time like in halls.

I am also pretty sure I don't want to live alone as I don't want to just go to lectures then go home and be lonely, I want to meet people and make new friends and experience Brighton and I think housemates are an important part of that, even though I know I can meet people in other ways, frequent contact improves my friend-making ability/closeness to people (rather than less frequent) so I think that would be less successful if I lived alone.

I'm just confused and have no idea what to do as accommodation is pretty scarce as it's so late in the academic year as I only got my application decision this week.

Thanks... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest