The Student Room Group

Nuffield Research Placements - how do you find a host organisation?

I just got accepted for a Nuffield Research placement, a project for first year A level pupils to do over the summer, which is wonderful but because I'm not from a disadvantaged background I have to source my own project. This is for a 4 week research project in a university or organisation, but how can I actually find one to take me on? Obviously I can contact and ask but I don't see why they would accept me (what's the benefit to them?) For pupils from disadvantaged background they provide more support and have contacts with organisations so they set it up for you.

Has anyone had experience with Nuffield Research placements who can help? I know a teacher who has done them before so I'm going to ask but I still have another week of easter holiday and I need to get started searching now.

If you haven't and are just curious then here's the webpage: http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/information-applicants
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest