The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geniequeen48
Offers from: Woodhouse, City and Islington and Monoux
Will probs go to Woodhouse.

ah im torn between city and islington, woodhouse and fortismere?
any advice guys :smile:
offers from 3 state sixth forms & one scholarship at a private sixth form

the state sixth forms are 5A*-C offer & the private sixth form offer is 50% scholarship with 6A*-B or 100% scholarship subject to me getting 10A*'s

subjects are varied in all because they offer different subjects and stuff but subjects are: french, english lit, biology, maths, psychology, sociology, politics (depending on the school i'm not doing 7 a-levels lmao, but I think i'm favouring towards doing french english lit biology and maths because i don't really want to do a social science)
Original post by LaibaTrq
What sixth form offers have you all gotten so far?
Which ones are you hoping to go to?

I got offers from Wilmington Grammar and Dartford Grammar for boys. I'll probably go Dartford for the IB
Original post by suryyyyynn
ah im torn between city and islington, woodhouse and fortismere?
any advice guys :smile:

Oooooh tough choice haha. What a levels have u chosen? I personally wouldnt choose fortismere cos of the location and it's connected to a secondary school (I HATE that).
Reply 24
applied at 5 schools including my own
got a place at all
3 of them arent rrly good

went for 2 of the interviews
got two offers

now need to produce results (8 A*s pls)

moving bc my 6th form is terrible
Oooooh tough choice haha. What a levels have u chosen? I personally wouldnt choose fortismere cos of the location and it's connected to a secondary school (I HATE that).

chose bio, chem, politics and psychology.
however im confused with the linear/ modular changes to the a levels, because would that mean the only subject i would be able to drop would be politics as its the only modular subject ive chosen, i really intended to drop bio :frown:

also what were your predicted grades and did you get conditional from woodhouse?
(edited 7 years ago)
chose bio, chem, politics and psychology.
however im confused with the linear/ modular changes to the a levels, because would that mean the only subject i would be able to drop would be politics as its the only modular subject ive chosen, i really intended to drop bio :frown:

also what were your predicted grades and did you get conditional from woodhouse?

As far as I know c&i has that rule about only dropping modular subjects so yes. But I think at woodhouse they let u drop? Not sure.

Yeah I got a conditional offer and I'm predicted 8 A/A*s and 2 Bs. You?
As far as I know c&i has that rule about only dropping modular subjects so yes. But I think at woodhouse they let u drop? Not sure.

Yeah I got a conditional offer and I'm predicted 8 A/A*s and 2 Bs. You?

i got on the waiting list, predicted 9 A's
Wow all around north london?

Mine is based on 5A*-C but just have to get the minimum which is B's across the boards...

I have offers from Drayton Manor, Bishopshalt and Haydon all in west london!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got on the waiting list, predicted 9 A's

Oh okay, do you want to go there?
Reply 30
Honestly, I think I have applied to too many sixth form colleges...:colondollar: But gotten various offers for Maths, Economics, History and gov and politics.
Oh okay, do you want to go there?

yeah its probably my best option tbh, in terms of distance, socially and academically
yeah its probably my best option tbh, in terms of distance, socially and academically

Oh, then I hope you get in. I'm sure you could have a place cos some people had their offers taken away (e.g. my friend) or just go to another college/sixth form.
Oh, then I hope you get in. I'm sure you could have a place cos some people had their offers taken away (e.g. my friend) or just go to another college/sixth form.

a lot of people are using woodhouse as a back up plan in my school, even though they've been offered a place. so i think theres a high chance of getting in from the waiting list.
Original post by rayestar
a lot of people are using woodhouse as a back up plan in my school, even though they've been offered a place. so i think theres a high chance of getting in from the waiting list.

Oh wow okay. Yeah I'm sure it's possible, just try get to the college first to get a place.
recently just got a woodhouse conditional, and now undecided between city and islington and woodhouse, probs will go to woodhouse
recently just got a woodhouse conditional, and now undecided between city and islington and woodhouse, probs will go to woodhouse

r u going to the introductory afternoon?
Original post by rayestar
r u going to the introductory afternoon?

yep defo to get to know more about the college!
yep defo to get to know more about the college!

oh i hope i c u there cos I'm going too!!😝
Reply 39
Original post by LaibaTrq
What sixth form offers have you all gotten so far?
Which ones are you hoping to go to?

Maths/Chem/Phys with Cs

Quick Reply

Latest