The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Accommodation: Polden vs Marlborough&Solsbury vs Woodland

Hi, can anyone offer me advice on which of these three accommodations to choose?
The things I find most important are room size and comfort (are the "large" rooms in polden and woodland very different from the smaller rooms?), light/dinginess (ie Window sizes- is there a particular accommodation that in general is brighter?), and social spaces.
Also, Polden seems to be a bit far away from the rest of the accommodation, does this make a difference to social life? And opinions on whether it is worth being catered or not would be really useful! :smile:
Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey i'm actually having the same problem with picking between polden and woodland. I've asked my friend who has lived in woodland and he said that it is probably the best accommodation for socializing. Personally, i've picked polden but i'm thinking about changing my decision because catering can decrease your chances of socializing in my opinion (since you're not spending much time in the common room/kitchen), but that's just my opinion. Also i've visited polden and it seems pretty far away from the other accommodations so i think that will also affect the social life. I've also heard that woodland's rooms are much better and bigger. So yeah haha. Don't know if i helped.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
I lived in Woodland, best accomodation!
Polden is the bad side of campus and generally less sociable.
Plus if you live in Woodland, the £50 you pay for credit in Polden you can just spend in places anyway without being tied in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest