The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

How long does the process take for applying for accommodation at MMU

Hey,
Just wondering if anyone can help me out? I've recently applied to Manchester met uni accommodation. I've noticed it's done in stages but how long does the process take before they say that you can have a room there?
When you get your results you properly apply for a room, and then I guess it's a week or so and they say yes or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Hi there,

Once you have registered your interest (if eligible) you will receive an email inviting you to apply for accommodation (subject to availability) at the following times:

Eligible current students will be invited to apply for a room from late April 2016 onwards.
Eligible unconditional firm students will be invited to apply for a room from late May 2016 onwards.
The majority of students who register will be - Eligible conditional firm (CF) students. They will be invited to apply for a room (subject to availability) once results have been released and their offer becomes unconditional (UF). For the majority of students this will following the release of the A-Level results in August 2016.

I hope this helps!
This Facebook Group has loads of good tips on accommodation, hope it helps!!!

facebook.com/groups/1205413989473980/
Reply 4
i have registered but have not yet recived an email back to allow me to apply yet.. has anyone actually got to the stage where they are able to select the halls they are intrested in ('stage 2' of the process)????
Reply 5
Original post by THickR
i have registered but have not yet recived an email back to allow me to apply yet.. has anyone actually got to the stage where they are able to select the halls they are intrested in ('stage 2' of the process)????

Hi there,

You should have received a confirmation email after registering your interest. May I suggest checking your junk inbox?

If you haven't got anything in your inbox please send an email to [email protected] explaining the issue you are having. We will then identify the issue and resolve it for you.

To clarify, if you have a conditional offer you will be able to access Stage 2 when you get your results. If your offer is unconditional, you will be able to access Stage 2 from the 1st of June.

I hope that this response answered the questions you had. The Student Living Team at MMU are always happy to help out if you are having any trouble.

Kind regards,
MMUMatt
Original post by THickR

You can't until your place is confirmed aka you've got your results and if you've got a unconditional it's like mid May. It does clearly say this on the website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I've recently spoken to MMU and they have said that is could be June when they give us the email to do the second stage..

Quick Reply

Latest