Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

What can I do?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I am wanting to train to be a paramedic and go to Brighton Uni in September 2017. Currently Brighton Uni is funded by the NHS to train Paramedics but our wonderful government has decided to cut all NHS funding for students and make us apply for student finance as of August 2017.

    Which would be fine, except Ive been to Uni before. I did not have a degree but I did get funding for 3 years - I never actually finished the second year.

    I do have a genuine reason why I dropped out, which was a seriously personal issue. But I have no idea how I'll 'prove' this as I didnt take action at the time.

    Im so heartbroken at this unfair system I'm on the edge of tears.

    As far as I know, NHS degrees are exempt from the ELQ rules on second degrees so you should be able to get a loan.

    Hi there.

    The rules regarding ex-NHS funded courses and previous study in the 17/18 Academic year have not been clarified as yet, so we're unable to give you any accurate advice at the moment.

    If you keep an eye online for any changes, it's likely there will be further info close to application launch at the beginning of next year.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.