The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

so.... do we need a Hitler video for this one ? :flute:
Original post by GCSEsThen
I got the same thing using area of a triangle formula 1/2*b*h

so 1/2*25*25/8

Your method would take longer and isnt as efficient but is perfectly valid

I feel so stupid for not doing that xD But at least I still got it right lol
On question 11 simplifying part. Did it ask you to
simplify (f(x+h) - f(x))/h when f(x) = x^2 - 2x
and not mention when x = 5?
Reply 763
What was the answer to the final question in c2? I rounded up :/??
FULL UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14jfC13frF0TU-6j2iKG2ldybTWfNex-Ndc0lcdM-wbM/edit?usp=sharing
This took me so long, hope its helpful
Tweet me for any errors (@MilindS99)
Original post by MilindS99
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14jfC13frF0TU-6j2iKG2ldybTWfNex-Ndc0lcdM-wbM/edit?usp=sharing

Do you have a question paper so I can see question 11?
Reply 766
Original post by Mr Moon Man
Why can't you round up?

I was debating whether to round up and I did, but do u lose the mark if you rounded up?
Original post by MilindS99

On question 11 there is an error. It was x=5 and 5.1, not 8. 8 was gradient.
Original post by Shipreck
On question 11 there is an error. It was x=5 and 5.1, not 8. 8 was gradient.

for part (i) the gradient was 8.1 I think
I don't understand why you can't round up on the last question? Where does that rule come from?
Original post by ineedA
Did anyone get 4. Something for the sum of the sequence when A is 5, I'm sure it's not 25

For that question I got:

i) a=5

Sum = 25

ii) a=6

Sum = 0
Edit: Sorry the images are quite big for some reason

Both Wolfram Alpha and Mathway say that it is -m^3 although the question itself was really confusing. OCR are missing out brackets when needed especially on the sine question too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Akhawais

Both Wolfram Alpha and Mathway say that it is -m^3 although the question itself was really confusing. OCR are missing out brackets when needed especially on the sine question too.

That isn't what the question was. The question was -loga(a^m)^3 = -loga(a^3m) = -3m.
Original post by JoshP97
For that question I got:

i) a=5

Sum = 25

ii) a=6

Sum = 0

How did you get that?
Also is y = sin x - 3

y = (sin x) - 3 OR y = sin (x - 3)

I was told that there was an error and it was supposed to be the 2nd one, but I can't find any where that OCR said this (I was told the exam board tweeted about it??). I really hope that's not true as I did the first one. I think both should be credited as it was very unclear.
Original post by Akhawais
Edit: Sorry the images are quite big for some reason

If you read the actual 'input' in wolfram alpha i think it would have been put like that if the log was cubed, but i agree they needed brackets to make this clear
I can't be the only who thought I'd seen the paper before. Section B felt so familiar
What are you serious with that log question? I put -3m! Wtf is wrong with OCR why do they hate brackets?!?!?? Screwing us over for no reason we basically have to guess what they mean which doesn't test what we know.
Original post by Mr Moon Man
How did you get that?

i) When a = 5 the sequence oscillates, so the remainder would be 2, x 5 = 10 for the second term, the 3rd term would be 1 since 10/3 has a remainder of one, x 5 = 5 for the third term, this goes back to 10 for the fourth term. 10+5+10 = 25.

ii) When a = 6 there is no remainder to multiply by 5, so the sequence would be 0,0,0,0. the sum of these would be 0.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Also is y = sin x - 3

y = (sin x) - 3 OR y = sin (x - 3)

I was told that there was an error and it was supposed to be the 2nd one, but I can't find any where that OCR said this (I was told the exam board tweeted about it??). I really hope that's not true as I did the first one. I think both should be credited as it was very unclear.

Ocr haven't tweeted anything about that so I assume that the first one is correct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending