The Student Room Group

Environmental Psychology

Hi
Ive jsut completed my first year of Psychology at Surrey. Its been a good year, alot of the degree content was similar to that of A level but it was all abit more depth. I intially went into Psychology with my head set on Clinical.. like so many others are im sure. But once i got to learn more about other areas i realised 1 how tough the path to clinical is and 2 how interesting other areas of psychology are.

Environmental was one such area. The general ideas of psychology from the public are people watching, crazy people and how the environment affects peoples behaviour.. and of course environmental psychology really focuses on the latter.

Ive had couple talks about environmental psychology and i know Surrey is one of the top places for this specialty. What am i concerned about is am i romantising a possible career that isnt out there.

i mean wouldnt be amazing to be approached by developers and say "i have millions of pounds and i wanna build the perfect building will u help me" im interested in the architectural side of environment.

So i guess what im asking anyone out there is... do u think that kind of career exisits. Are there psychologists who are architectural advisers... and if those careers do exsists how do i go about getting on that path.

would really apprciate some feed back
Thanks

Latest