The Student Room Group

How will teachers predict my A levels?

Do they predict them from AS? Nothing counts towards the A level anymore since the new specifications, worried because in my AS mock in February I got CCD, I know I can do so much better for the real AS exams in June. I asked my Teacher and she said Unis go on AS grades, so how do they predict it? Is it th AS level plus 1 grade or take away a grade since A2 is harder?
Original post by ambermariemorgan
Do they predict them from AS? Nothing counts towards the A level anymore since the new specifications, worried because in my AS mock in February I got CCD, I know I can do so much better for the real AS exams in June. I asked my Teacher and she said Unis go on AS grades, so how do they predict it? Is it th AS level plus 1 grade or take away a grade since A2 is harder?

A combination of test results, classwork, homework and judgement.
They will predict them based partially on your mocks, and how close/far you were from a grade up or down. Like if you had higher C grades they may push to predict a B. They have to give some way considering they were only mocks and if you speak to your teachers about what grades you are aiming for they will be able to take them into account based on your progress so far in the year.
Reply 3
Since im guessing you will be sitting the AS exams this year, those results you get in the may/june exams will be used to predict your final A levels results which your school will send out

Quick Reply

Latest