Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Family member of an EU.

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I came in 2010 as a family member of an EU. I applied for the right to remain in November 2015 and haven't yet received my passport and biometric residence permit. The home office has sent me a letter saying they aim to reply within 6 months, but I need to apply for the student loan before the 27th of May 2016. Do I need to wait for the Home office to send my documents back in order to apply for the student loan?


    Hi there.

    I would suggest applying just now even if you haven't got a response.

    You will need to have been granted Indefinite leave to remain by the Home Office before the start of your course, not at the time of applying.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2016
Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.