The Student Room Group

AQA PSYB3 Help

Scroll to see replies

I'm looking for unit 3/4 predictions too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
It's really hard to make predictions for AQA B because they never seem to follow any patterns so it literally cold be anything.However, freewill vs determinism has never come up on any paper, even the old specification, nor has biological approach specifically. As for PSYB3 topics I'm unsure...
I have an awful feeling that they are going to chuck in all of the difficult questions as its the last psychology exam on the old spec! :frown:
Original post by rilkat
I am doing social development, forensics and schizophrenia and mood disorders. What about anyone else?

I'm doing:
. Moral Development
. Mood Disorders
. Schizophrenia
. Stress
Anybody got the Elkin study (1985) in their notes? Just gone to do a question and I have him in evaluation and don't have the actual study? For SZ & mood. Forgot my textbook :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The humanistic approach is meant to be idiographic but Maslow created the hierarchy of needs - the theory that everyone is trying to reach self actualisation - isnt this a general law of behaviour? Could I use this as an evaluation point or have I misunderstood? Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Hiya, I was wondering if someone would be able to write me a model answer for a 4 mark past question please?
the question is : Outline and briefly discuss two ethical issues in relation to the false memory debate.

The mark scheme says this:
One mark each for outline of each relevant ethical issue. Credit any ethical issue thatmight arise in relation to the false memory debate, including ethics of research in thisarea: negative effects for the individual - protection from harm; stress; confidentiality;role of the therapist; negative effects on the family.AO2 One mark each for discussion/analysis of each issue. Candidates will probablyconsider whether or not raising the possibility that negative events occurred in earlylife can ever be beneficial; consideration of possible benefits; weighing possiblebenefits against problems; how the issue might be addressed.Markers should be aware that there may be overlap between AO1 and AO2 marks.Credit reference to specific cases up to 2 marks

AlthoughI have the mark scheme I have found it too vague to be useful and would really appreciate if someone could write me an answer or even just bullet point it, so I have a model one to help me understand the question. Thank you :smile:
Reply 27
Does anybody have predictions for the psychB A2 U3 paper essays , I’m doing schizo/ forensic and social development?

ps measuring attachment and functions of attachment haven’t been on for a long time as where friendships has been on for the last 2/3 years so perhaps that might be it for s.development?
I was thinking the same for social development, maybe bowlby or measuring attachment.

I'm also thinking the 12 marker may be on schizophrenia I'm not sure about forensics though.
Guys does anyone have predictions! I do forensics attachment and mood disorders

Posted from TSR Mobile
As people have pointed out, it's really hard to give predictions for AQA as they have such a weird system (Testing SLT 3 years in a row for example.) As it's the last spec, they may make everything extremely difficult and test untouched questions, or just recycle previous. It really can go either way.

Personally what I'm expecting is a mix.

Mood disorders : Questions on community care, essay focusing on unipolar/bipolar.
Forensic : Criminal profiling or methods of observing crime. Maybe some biological, but doubtful there will be much SLT or psychodynamic.
Child development: No clue. Nobody else seems to be doing this one though :/ . Possibly a scenario focus, with the essay being on Piaget/Vygotsky. It's what I'm hoping for anyhow.

If anybody wants essays, I have a few. Mostly 12/12. I can also try and help with short answers as well, considering I'm kinda lost on how to study for this so would not mind the practise.
How would you approach a measuring / observing crime essay? Did one earlier on but struggled as there's not much to it stats, self report, victim studies, BCS ? Thanks and good luck!!
good luck for tomorrow everyone!! hoping i've revised enough :')

and Megan, there's a lot you can say for the evaluation in measuring crime imo, you can go through all the different reasons why official statistics may be unrepresentative of the dark figure of crime, for victim studies you can point out the fact that it's retrospective and may include faults of memory, however also point out strengths of it (i.e. more realistic than official, example of 2006 where official was down by 3% and BCS up by 2%). And I also believe demand characteristics comes into self-report studies as an offender may not be honest, i.e. reporting less than they actually did or reporting more as a kind of covert prestige. A strength of these studies such as the OCJS is that they can also get an idea of how many crimes are being carried out by the same person, and whether they're carried out by more than one person or not.

If you run out of things to say then you can always fall back on comparing them and pointing out methodological limitations/strengths. Phew that was also good revision for myself! hope it helped :tongue:
This was very useful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
how did everyone find it?
I thought it was a really nice paper for the units I did! Way less cruel than I was expecting. Though it makes predicting the next exam that much harder, as they recycled previous questions.
Reply 36
yeah same, did anyone else find the social development essay worded weirdly?
Original post by katiekt
yeah same, did anyone else find the social development essay worded weirdly?

I didn't find the essay was worded weirdly, I thought some of the short questions were though :/
Reply 38
Original post by JessLeigh97
I didn't find the essay was worded weirdly, I thought some of the short questions were though :/

I just wasn't sure how much to link it to her influencing understanding?? yeah I thought that too! think they were trying to confuse us
Original post by katiekt
I just wasn't sure how much to link it to her influencing understanding?? yeah I thought that too! think they were trying to confuse us

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... yeah, that as pretty odd. I linked it in a couple of AO2s but the rest was just a generic Ainsworth essay really :/ everyone in my class ran out of time so kinda worrying about that :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending