The Student Room Group

Higher History 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

I don't think I have really used them very often, but I know I always use Carr for the Zollverein being "the mighty lever of German unification" in the evaluation

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk
Reply 81
how likely is it that immigration will come up?
Reply 82
Lads I'm learning four essays out of the possible 10 so stop worrying
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ben6499
yeah a liberal question has come up every single year so they should definetely be one. What about immigration, do you think that might come up?

I think there is a possibility since it isn't a popular essay and sqa might put it in since its unexpected
I'm hoping Wall Street come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like how am in this chat trying to help some people and im not even sitting the exam 😂😂
Original post by Bethpettigrew1
I like how am in this chat trying to help some people and im not even sitting the exam 😂😂

It just makes you a good person!
Original post by MaiBr13
Lads I'm learning four essays out of the possible 10 so stop worrying

I'm only really learned four too out of a possible 8. What ones have you learned?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alana_p
I'm only really learned four too out of a possible 8. What ones have you learned?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing 8 as well - obstacles to German unification, reasons for German unification, rise of the nazis and maintenance of nazi power then for the British I'm doing how democratic was Britain, effectiveness of liberal reforms, effectiveness of labour reforms and women's suffrage

Original post by alana_p

Posted from TSR Mobile

Balls, I read it wrong! Sorryyy!! 🐯

I've only really learned 4 - both Liberals and both Nazis. Now I just pray :s-smilie:
I learned all eight of mine, I still have preferences though of what I would like to come up. It'd be good if I got any Nazi question and the women's essay though.
Reply 91
One of the history teachers in my school predicted that because it's still new highers they will likely put 1 Nazi essay in it (Probably the Rise) and Women is the most likely British essay to show up. Therefore my prediction for tomorrows paper is:

Germany: Rise of the Nazis and Obstacles to German unification

Britain: Success of the Liberal Reforms and Women

This will probably be the last time I'll be on this until after the exam so good luck everyone tomorrow at 9am. It's weird how all 11,000 higher history candidates in Scotland will be writing the exam at the exact same time.
Good luck everyone!!!
A passes for us all 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick question about 2 hours from exam... How much time is everyone allocating for each section? I usually just 'wing it' and hope for the best and try to keep source handling time down. Good luck xx :u: daisyandchewbacca.jpeg Here's a pic of Chewbacca and Daisy ( my bunnies) to spur you on!
Reply 94
No longer than an hour for source questions and 40!'mins for each essay. That's the best possible way
Original post by lucyjuicey1
Quick question about 2 hours from exam... How much time is everyone allocating for each section? I usually just 'wing it' and hope for the best and try to keep source handling time down. Good luck xx :u: daisyandchewbacca.jpeg Here's a pic of Chewbacca and Daisy ( my bunnies) to spur you on!

Around 45-50 minutes for each probably (i cba to add it all up) just make sure you keep an eye on time and if youre going going over stop and start the next section as you can always return to parts you missed out when youre finished

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh was so happy when I saw the women's essay!!! Wasn't so keen on the how fully for Migration and Empire but that was because I didn't spend as much time revising it oops.
How did everyone doing 2 for each get on? I hope it worked for you!

Original post by lucyjuicey1
How did everyone doing 2 for each get on? I hope it worked for you!

I learned eight essays, to only use two in the exam. That's annoying.
Reply 99
How did everyone find it?

The source questions were okay could of been better but not terrible.

Luckily for me, Women came up and reasons for British appeasement!

Quick Reply

Latest