The Student Room Group

Please help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ano123
Which is 4.47?

Yeah it get like 19.98 but then I have to round it up
Reply 21
Original post by Ano123
20=4.47? \sqrt {20} =4.47 ?. that means that 20=447100 \sqrt{20} =\frac{447}{100} , meaning that 20 \sqrt{20} is not irrational after all? I think I'm going to have to have a lie down.

You could be nicer about it.

Original post by zXcodeXz
No it's basically what same number times together to get 20

He's just trying to make the point that 204.47\sqrt{20} \approx 4.47, and not ==; but that's not something you need to worry about right now, to be honest.
Reply 22
Yeah it get like 19.98 but then I have to round it up

That's what I'm saying mate, I was joking. In maths we try and work with exact answers.
If area is 20 then side length is 20=25 \sqrt{20}=2\sqrt 5 .
Volume is side length cubed =(25)3=405 =(2\sqrt{5})^3 = 40\sqrt 5 .None of this rounding business.
I'm not making fun of you, I'm just having some maths banter.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Zacken

He's just trying to make the point that 204.47\sqrt{20} \approx 4.47, and not ==; but that's not something you need to worry about right now, to be honest.

I know but I'm a banter machine so I just can't control myself.
Original post by Zacken

Oh ok to be honest I've had enough looking stupid by maths I'm going for a level maths
Reply 25
Oh ok to be honest I've had enough looking stupid by maths I'm going for a level maths

You don't look stupid at all.
Original post by Ano123
You don't look stupid at all.

One reason would be enough of how I don't look stupid

Quick Reply

Latest