The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

living in halls in 3rd year

Hi,
my landlord this year and I have fallen out and I will be moving out. I don't enjoy living in private housing as I much preferred halls. I am in 3rd year. Would it be possible for me to get into halls for next year, even though I'm in 3rd year?

thanks
Original post by Laurenx123x
Hi,
my landlord this year and I have fallen out and I will be moving out. I don't enjoy living in private housing as I much preferred halls. I am in 3rd year. Would it be possible for me to get into halls for next year, even though I'm in 3rd year?

thanks

It is possible I had 2 friends who stayed in halls for their whole 3 year course; however, you have to note that priority will be given to international, 1st year and in some cases post-grad students. Best bet is to apply early and hope there are still some places left for you to be awarded a place.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by Random.guy
It is possible I had 2 friends who stayed in halls for their whole 3 year course; however, you have to note that priority will be given to international, 1st year and in some cases post-grad students. Best bet is to apply early and hope there are still some places left for you to be awarded a place.

I have already contacted the university to enquire. I also have quite severe social anxiety and depression and I think it would be for my best interest if I lived somewhere that has some level of support. So I suppose that might be something they take into consideration.
Original post by Laurenx123x
I have already contacted the university to enquire. I also have quite severe social anxiety and depression and I think it would be for my best interest if I lived somewhere that has some level of support. So I suppose that might be something they take into consideration.

That might help your case, maybe talk to one of the counselors on the campus, they might be able to help you get a room by vouching that it would be in your best interests to live in student accommodation. Just wondering wouldn't living around a lot of young freshers have a negative impact on your social anxiety though, or would it just be cheaper to stay in halls then find some private single occupancy flats? Unless the halls your university have provide counselors on site that is or other forms of support.

Hope you get your accommodation sorted and that your anxiety and depression get better, good luck! :smile:
Repped just to get rid of your red gem.
Original post by Random.guy
That might help your case, maybe talk to one of the counselors on the campus, they might be able to help you get a room by vouching that it would be in your best interests to live in student accommodation. Just wondering wouldn't living around a lot of young freshers have a negative impact on your social anxiety though, or would it just be cheaper to stay in halls then find some private single occupancy flats? Unless the halls your university have provide counselors on site that is or other forms of support.

Hope you get your accommodation sorted and that your anxiety and depression get better, good luck! :smile:

Thanks! and in my experience, living in a house has made it alot worse as unlike halls, it's very difficult to stay in your room and not bump into people. If I had the money I'd move out to a private flat but unfortunately I don't so it's the lesser of the two evils, with the added benefit of people there who I could reach out to if needed (resident assistants, halls managers etc). Thanks! :smile:
Hi Lauren, Hannah from the Student Housing team here. I think you emailed us last night? If so, I replied to you this morning. If you need to come in and speak to one of the team please do so! We are open all year round :redface:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending