The Student Room Group

Help me please with this ratio question

To make a drink you need 2 proportions of fruit mix and 7 proportions of lemonade, there are 80liters of fruit mix and 210 liters of lemonade, what is the biggest amount you can make in terms of liters
Answer (in Liters)

Also non calculator
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by dellilah17
To make a drink you need 2 proportions of fruit mix and 7 proportions of lemonade, there are 80liters of fruit mix and 210 liters of lemonade, what is the biggest amount you can make in terms of liters
Answer (in Liters)

Well, you need 29×80\frac{2}{9} \times 80 litres of fruit mix and 79×210\frac{7}{9} \times 210 litres of lemonade.
Reply 2
Original post by Zacken
Well, you need 29×80\frac{2}{9} \times 80 litres of fruit mix and 79×210\frac{7}{9} \times 210 litres of lemonade.

I don't think this is right.

You can make 270 litres of drink if you use 210 litres of lemonade and 60 litres of fruit mix.

210 : 60 = 7 : 2
Reply 3
Original post by notnek

You can make 270 litres of drink if you use 210 litres of lemonade and 60 litres of fruit mix.

Whoops. Thanks for catching that!
Reply 4
Original post by notnek

Thank you!
Answer (in Liters)

Also non calculator

Do you understand the replies given?
Reply 6
Original post by maggiehodgson
Do you understand the replies given?

yes!
yes!

That's fine then. I thought that they didn't really explain why but if they did then that suits me and you.

Quick Reply

Latest