The Student Room Group

How shall I revise and fit everything in?

I've got 7 GCSE subjects to revise for, and I am sturggling because I can only do 3 hours of work each day and excluding weekends.. I cant make a timetable because I sometimes dont follow it and thereafter it becomes all messed up. And I get so stresssed out.
I dont know how to split the subjects up ..
Subjects are;
English
maths
Science
citizenship
RS
computing
French
Can someone give me a rough sketch on how my week should be covering all my subjects ?
I would be really grateful
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Focus on a subject per a week, so do all maths work for one week, then english, ect, fyi Science probably needs two weeks. Good luck. Hope this helped
The first GCSE exam is on Monday 16th May, so you have four weeks and five days (including today) to revise. Taking out the weekends (during which you said you couldn't study), that's 23 days. At three hours per day of revision time, that's 69 hours. With seven subjects, you will therefore have 9.86 hours - about 9 hours, 50 minutes - per subject.

I would have a look at the TSR Study Planner, and enter the times that you can study alongside your exams. I know you said that you aren't great with timetables, but if you're worried about getting everything in then it's a really great way to make sure that you do! :smile: From the above, you can see that you have just under 10 hours per subject, so plenty of time!

I would then suggest going through and counting the number of revision sessions you have per subject, and then determining how many topics you will need to cover. Divide these up between the sessions in a way that you see fit.

Once you've done all of that, you will have a pretty, colourful timetable that will make you actually want to revise! :h:
Original post by SummerStrawberry
The first GCSE exam is on Monday 16th May, so you have four weeks and five days (including today) to revise. Taking out the weekends (during which you said you couldn't study), that's 23 days. At three hours per day of revision time, that's 69 hours. With seven subjects, you will therefore have 9.86 hours - about 9 hours, 50 minutes - per subject.

I would have a look at the TSR Study Planner, and enter the times that you can study alongside your exams. I know you said that you aren't great with timetables, but if you're worried about getting everything in then it's a really great way to make sure that you do! :smile: From the above, you can see that you have just under 10 hours per subject, so plenty of time!

I would then suggest going through and counting the number of revision sessions you have per subject, and then determining how many topics you will need to cover. Divide these up between the sessions in a way that you see fit.

Once you've done all of that, you will have a pretty, colourful timetable that will make you actually want to revise! :h:

This!! :h:
Reply 4
Original post by SummerStrawberry
The first GCSE exam is on Monday 16th May, so you have four weeks and five days (including today) to revise. ..

Thank You so much .. I can revise on weekends :smile: but for longer only weekdays only for three hours
BTW this is much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest