The Student Room Group

Would he actually wait a year for me?

theres this guy from where i live and he added me on fb and we started talking. im currently out of England right now and have been for the past year but will be coming back for a few months in summer. we made plans to go out meaning being boyfriend/girlfriend although weve never met before. were going to start going out after we've met its too weird if we havnt even met yet. He knows that am going back for another year after summer and he said we'd still be each other, i dont really get what that means and he said to me if i was loyal during that period we'd make it work. im not one to cheat i am extremely loyal but would a guy actually wait a year and be in an LDR?

i just dont know if hes being genuine. hes also been cheated on in the past and i can tell as he asks me who am talking to and stuff but i wouldnt do anything to hurt him. how can i show him that am very trustworthy.

If you guys haven't even met, how would seeing other people be cheating?

And are you asking if he won't get a gf in that time, or have any sort of relationship with a girl at all?
Reply 2
Original post by BristolFresher15
If you guys haven't even met, how would seeing other people be cheating?

And are you asking if he won't get a gf in that time, or have any sort of relationship with a girl at all?

no i mean when i go back to the uk we start a relationship and become exclusive and then when a go back to where am currently lliving outside of the UK then we go LDR
Original post by Anonymous
no i mean when i go back to the uk we start a relationship and become exclusive and then when a go back to where am currently lliving outside of the UK then we go LDR

Oh okay, I misunderstood then, sorry.

In that case it really depends on how things go in those few months. Its too early to even know the kind of person that he is, let alone how your relationship would go initially.

I'd say, one year is a long time to wait for someone who've been with for a few months, but its definitely possible if the person wants it. So you can't really get a definitive answer for that without knowing how things go and how he is with you.

That probably wasn't much help but hopefully you got something from it at the least :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
theres this guy from where i live and he added me on fb and we started talking. im currently out of England right now and have been for the past year but will be coming back for a few months in summer. we made plans to go out meaning being boyfriend/girlfriend although weve never met before. were going to start going out after we've met its too weird if we havnt even met yet. He knows that am going back for another year after summer and he said we'd still be each other, i dont really get what that means and he said to me if i was loyal during that period we'd make it work. im not one to cheat i am extremely loyal but would a guy actually wait a year and be in an LDR?

i just dont know if hes being genuine. hes also been cheated on in the past and i can tell as he asks me who am talking to and stuff but i wouldnt do anything to hurt him. how can i show him that am very trustworthy.

You haven't even met him yet so you're not really in a relationship. He might be completely what you expect when you meet him in person. You should tell him you will decide once you've met him.
There are definitely men out there who are willing to be in an LDR and to wait a year for you. However, you haven't met him yet so wait until you meet him before you decide anything for definite - he might be completely different in person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending