The Student Room Group

Is it too late to do well at AS?

Sorry in advance for the essay but any help is appreciated.

I have just over 5 weeks until my first exam (Maths C1) and I have come to the sudden realisation on the last day of the easter holidays, that I have done virtually no revision over this break and my exams are fast approaching. I feel like I have shot myself in the foot whilst all my friends and classmates are doing serious work.

I'm doing English Lit, Economics, Chemistry and Maths and I'm really freaking out right now as I want to get four GOOD A's but feel I've really f****d up by not making the most of the time I had. I've been working pretty strongly in every subject apart from maybe Maths (NEED TO DO MORE PRACTICE) during the course of the year, but the only problem is I don't remember any of what I have learnt and have mocks next week which I am completely unprepared for. Having said that, I pretty much revised for my gcses at literally the last minute (hours before the exam) and walked away with pretty good results, but my teachers have been telling us all year that A Levels are not the same as gcses and I don't think I will be able to wing it this year.

Can I reasonably achieve these grades in the given time or am I done for?
It's definitely not too late to start your revision, but I would recommend starting ASAP! Make yourself a list of all the topics you need to revise, and then make a study plan in order to make sure you can fit as much in as possible (however, you must still give yourself breaks, otherwise you might end up going round the bend!). I'd recommend maybe lending a bit more weight to maths if you feel that that's your problem subject.

You'll be fine if you keep a calm head and do as much as possible :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Fox Corner
It's definitely not too late to start your revision, but I would recommend starting ASAP! Make yourself a list of all the topics you need to revise, and then make a study plan in order to make sure you can fit as much in as possible (however, you must still give yourself breaks, otherwise you might end up going round the bend!). I'd recommend maybe lending a bit more weight to maths if you feel that that's your problem subject.

You'll be fine if you keep a calm head and do as much as possible :h:

Thanks for the advice, I think I have a long-running issue with procrastination but never really tried to fix it. Will definitely draw up a timetable with specific targets outlined.
Reply 3
The only time it's too late is after the exam.

Crack on with it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending