The Student Room Group

LSE Msc Accounting and Finance for IBD/PE

Hi,

Just got accepted to the LSE Master in Accounting and Finance 2016/17.

There generally seems to be some bias against the Msc in A&F over the other finance related masters at LSE. I got my GMAT score pretty late and applied at the end of February, so did not put too much thought into it. My guess was since I would be working within IBD the accounting knowledge would be pretty valuable and also the electives that I can chose from are mostly the same as with the other finance programmes, so I could gear my degree in A&F towards more quantitative subjects.

I will be doing an internship in London at a BB within IBD this summer and my long term careers goal is to work within IBD and PE/Hedge Fund.Do you think to LSE Msc A&F would be help me achieve this? I come from continental Europe and also have an offer for the Master in Finance and Investments at the Rotterdam School of Management, whose curriculum I actually prefer slightly over the LSE programme.

Thanks, really appreciate you’re input.

Best regards,
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Icanhave
Hi,

Just got accepted to the LSE Master in Accounting and Finance 2016/17.

There generally seems to be some bias against the Msc in A&F over the other finance related masters at LSE. I got my GMAT score pretty late and applied at the end of February, so did not put too much thought into it. My guess was since I would be working within IBD the accounting knowledge would be pretty valuable and also the electives that I can chose from are mostly the same as with the other finance programmes, so I could gear my degree in A&F towards more quantitative subjects.

I will be doing an internship in London at a BB within IBD this summer and my long term careers goal is to work within IBD and PE/Hedge Fund.Do you think to LSE Msc A&F would be help me achieve this? I come from continental Europe and also have an offer for the Master in Finance and Investments at the Rotterdam School of Management, whose curriculum I actually prefer slightly over the LSE programme.

Thanks, really appreciate you’re input.

Best regards,

Curious, how'd you get an internship when you're not even at uni yet?

With regard to doing Msc A&F, it won't help you break into IBD any more than any other course. It might give you a slight edge when it comes to applying for spring weeks or summer internships since you'll have somewhat relevant technical knowledge from your course.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Terry Tibbs

With regard to doing Msc A&F, it won't help you break into IBD any more than any other course. It might give you a slight edge when it comes to applying for spring weeks or summer internships since you'll have somewhat relevant technical knowledge from your course.

He is at uni, hence why this post is about a Masters course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
He is at uni, hence why this post is about a Masters course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mistake, thought he'd applied directly for the masters as a four year course.
Reply 4
bump
Original post by Terry Tibbs

it's possible, did one before uni

check places like brokerage citylink

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending