The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
There are no blocks on the UCL internet in the accomodation i belive. You can pretty much do everything you could do if it was your home connection.
Its ****ing fast aswell. 100mb, my fastest torrent downloaded at 80mb/s

I use www.tv-links.co.uk www.alluc.org and Joost etc etc
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
simdam
u mention cheap drinking in there :smile: gotta tive u respect for that, but tv shows are important too for the student without a tv-licence :wink:

I hear that. I'm an American and I had no idea what in god's name a TV license was. But there's plenty of places to stream shows.

incidentally if anyone out there likes south park...theres a good site called south park zone where you can stream every single episode of the show ever created.
acore
There are no blocks on the UCL internet in the accomodation i belive. You can pretty much do everything you could do if it was your home connection.

Whats accomodation do you reside in?
Reply 23
acore

yes what accommodation are you in?, you are directly contradicting BEN
All of them connect directly into the UCL network so it makes no difference.

And tv-links, alluc are flash stream sites. Joost, stage6 etc employ similar technologies to get divx quality video streamed with a very small downloaded plug in.

Torrenting is very usually noticed since you're also uploading and torrents tend to try to saturate bandwidth. If you are torrenting often, you'll get picked up for it.
dcarsten
I hear that. I'm an American and I had no idea what in god's name a TV license was. But there's plenty of places to stream shows.

incidentally if anyone out there likes south park...theres a good site called south park zone where you can stream every single episode of the show ever created.

Heh I think I'll see you around mate. Especially in a particular UCL society.
Reply 26
President_Ben
All of them connect directly into the UCL network so it makes no difference.

And tv-links, alluc are flash stream sites. Joost, stage6 etc employ similar technologies to get divx quality video streamed with a very small downloaded plug in.

Torrenting is very usually noticed since you're also uploading and torrents tend to try to saturate bandwidth. If you are torrenting often, you'll get picked up for it.

for your information, torrenting isnt limited to tvshows.
Reply 27
Ben, i torrent all the time, and nothings been brought up or said to me!

I'm in James Lighthill House FYI
papakhan
for your information, torrenting isnt limited to tvshows.

Wow. Aren't you a genius. Buy this man a beer he won't even drink while he is watching TV with the roll next to him.
Reply 29
the next south park episode is coming out in 118days 17 hours and 27 minutes

let's wait in anticipation and all watch it together hwen it comes out :biggrin:
Reply 30
President_Ben
Wow. Aren't you a genius. Buy this man a beer he won't even drink while he is watching TV with the roll next to him.

funny, i dont drink. stop targetting tv watchers.
Reply 31
haven't had any problems this year, best speed I ever got was about 3mb/s on a torrent, although in my mates rooms they can't even get above a couple of hundred kb/s on the same torrent so dunno whats goin on
ucl be full o' scurvy pirates garrrr