The Student Room Group

Failing a module in my first year at queen mary

Hello, Im studying computer science at queen mary, and i am dreading one of my exams, I feel i may even fail it. Hopefully not, but if this is the case will I have failed the year? Or how will I have to go on?
Original post by Sp1der
Hello, Im studying computer science at queen mary, and i am dreading one of my exams, I feel i may even fail it. Hopefully not, but if this is the case will I have failed the year? Or how will I have to go on?

Most universities offer one resit for an exam, so you will probably resit it in the summer unless they all you to compensate a module.
Reply 2
Original post by Sp1der

Hey, I go Queen Mary. I'm assuming you're talking about OOP, because alot of people failed that.

Don't worry, Queen Mary allow students to fail two modules max a year in order to progress to the next year. But tbh, just try hard to pass it because failing it does bring your overall grade down by 5% per module.
Reply 3
Original post by KM.
Hey, I go Queen Mary. I'm assuming you're talking about OOP, because alot of people failed that.

Don't worry, Queen Mary allow students to fail two modules max a year in order to progress to the next year. But tbh, just try hard to pass it because failing it does bring your overall grade down by 5% per module.

Oh right thats good. I will of course try my best and hope to pass this, and believe it or not, I find OOP just fine its PHP and JavaScript which is letting me down. Thanks for the reply though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending