The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 English Literature

I'm studying "Measure for Measure" and "The Duchess of Malfi" for my LT4 exam, and was wondering if anyone had like a set list of quotes I could learn for the exam? I'm really struggling with this aspect of it. :frown:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by zoeelizabeth
I'm studying "Measure for Measure" and "The Duchess of Malfi" for my LT4 exam, and was wondering if anyone had like a set list of quotes I could learn for the exam? I'm really struggling with this aspect of it. :frown:

So you essentially asking for someone to do your own revision for you?

You can't struggle with "this aspect" unless you have not been bothered to read the text? Or do you mean, you don't know what kind of quotes to use?

I would start out by themes. I'm not sure if your LT4 is a comparative essay or not. But it really shouldn't matter - you should just learn quotes by theme.

There are some learning resources on TSR's learning hub that might help you. You can find Measure for Measure here and the Duchess of Malfi here. Good luck in your exam :h:
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
So you essentially asking for someone to do your own revision for you?

You can't struggle with "this aspect" unless you have not been bothered to read the text? Or do you mean, you don't know what kind of quotes to use?

I would start out by themes. I'm not sure if your LT4 is a comparative essay or not. But it really shouldn't matter - you should just learn quotes by theme.

I'm doing all of my own revision, I just meant that I don't know which quotes would be useful. I don't want to be memorising a lot of useless quotes that I don't need. And if asking people for help counts as them doing all my revision for me then I guess they can sit the exam for me too.
I'm doing all of my own revision, I just meant that I don't know which quotes would be useful. I don't want to be memorising a lot of useless quotes that I don't need. And if asking people for help counts as them doing all my revision for me then I guess they can sit the exam for me too.

Well it's down to how well your own interpretation of quotes can be. It doesn't matter how obvious your quotes are which relate to a theme or whatever. Your quote only counts if you can analyse them in a manner that is appropriate to the task at hand.

Use quotes that have a lot of meaning. I find it best to find quotes that have metaphors, allusions, figurative language, linguistic elements. For me, that's how I would narrow down my quotes. But if you're not good at terminology, then I wouldn't suggest you do that.

As I said, it comes down to the individual's style of writing and analysis that will determine which quotes you pick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending