The Student Room Group

How to Revise for GCSE media studies AQA science fiction?

What it says on the tin really,any useful and free resources for it?

Scroll to see replies

im really stuck on this, im doing this course and know nothing about science fiction! help
Did you get your brief today? Im in the same position and dont know how to revise for it :9
Guys it's pretty easy.
3 case studies about science fiction for the essay
Pick one of the ideas and then flesh it out with key concepts and stuff
Design tasks -they talk about e media a lot
Just PEEL everything and refer to case studies a lot- also answer the question.
You left it really late to ask for help becasue the teachers can't help you anymore
Reply 4
I got my preliminary material yesterday :frown:
Reply 5
Yes I got my preliminary material today but teachers "push the boundaries of the rules" and still teach a bit hahah
We got our material today too (be careful to discuss it here though). Like someone said before learn a few case studies and also key theories that can be used in your brief for example Todorovs narrative theory, uses and gratifications, utopia/distopia :smile: Good luck everyone. It seem like I know what I'm doing but I actually dont and need to start revising.
Original post by jazz_xox_
We have been told to use 2 case studies, but some people have been saying you need 3? How many are you all using? and what do you think the design question will be, my teacher thinks a trailer

I actually have no idea. >.< Our teacher has told us barely anything. I dont even know if I should officially be learning case studies. We've focused way more on theories.
Yes you should have case studies! You can refer to them in all of the questions. :smile:
Reply 9
Yes you should have case studies! You can refer to them in all of the questions. :smile:

Are the case studies the science fiction movies that we can refer back to?
Original post by Rajive
Are the case studies the science fiction movies that we can refer back to?

I think so. Do you think we only need case studies that go with the brief we have chosen?
Reply 11
Original post by sapphire79
I think so. Do you think we only need case studies that go with the brief we have chosen?

An AQA examiner came to our school and said that they have to be relevant with what your talking about.

What case studies are you doing?

Original post by sapphire79

I'd say you need different case studies for different questions, but don't count on me. E.g successful movies (box office hits) and unsuccessful movies. The brief will come in handy when your told to 'pitch you ideas' which will probably be question 4/3 where you have to talk about the family movie you've created and why. Im doing the 2nd one :h:
Original post by Real_jenn
What it says on the tin really,any useful and free resources for it?

Hi! I moved this into the Media Studies forum for you - have a look around this forum for other threads about the Sci-Fi paper :biggrin:
Original post by Planetes
I have an annotated version of a brief for this year with potential questions as well as points for revision and a revision guide with case studies as well as model answers for potential questions etc, does anyone want these?

YES please this would help, I am struggling with this
I have an annotated version of a brief for this year with potential questions as well as points for revision and a revision guide with case studies as well as model answers for potential questions etc, does anyone want these?

This would be really helpful!
Reply 16

Yes please !!! 😁
Reply 17
Hi guys I'm not very creative can anyone help me thing for a good storyline that fits the "last day" box and suitable for a family audience

Me, please! :smile:
Can anybody tell me the case studies they are using and how they will link it to the brief? They are all on here

Quick Reply

Latest