Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Postgraduate Visas and Loans

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Greetings all-
    I just got accepted into a Masters program at Kings College London, still awaiting an unconditional offer (submitting my final transcript) and getting a CAS.

    Has anyone here gone through the process of getting a student visa (tier 4) from US while having FAFSA federal loans as main source of financial support?
    So to get a visa, I have to show that I have enough money for both tuition and living expense, but a huge portion of that is coming from student loans which will not be disbursed till after the course starts, and I need to get a visa 6 weeks prior to the course starting! How does that work??

    You presumably have or will have confirmation from FAFSA of what the loan will be, so follow the guidance on the tier 4 under "official financial sponsor". https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...April_2016.pdf

    Plenty of people get visas on loans or scholarships that do not disburse before they get the visas.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.