The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nusquam
Yeah, the extract is pretty open-ended. You'll see when you do the exam. Good luck!

Hey man how is Hong Kong
Original post by samirens
Hey man how is Hong Kong

Polluted XD
Original post by CheekyYear11
Right, I'm just confused as to how a letter based answer could be ambiguous/vague.
Formal/Informal based?

You'll see! :P I've already said enough. Don't stress about the exam - like I said, it's pretty simple.

Good luck!
Original post by Ollie345
Paper 3 0522

Is that the one with 3 questions ?
Q1 is about 3 bullet points
Q2 is analysis on quotes in 2 paragraphs
Q3 is 15 bullet points
Original post by nusquam
Polluted XD

ayyyy, fair enough man. dude this so weird your in Hong Kong and I'm like in England super spooky
Reply 685
is the letter formal or informal?
Original post by nusquam
Polluted XD
'Don't stress'

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LIKE 10 YEARS IT'S AMBIGUOUS.

notlikethis.png
Original post by CheekyYear11
'Don't stress'

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LIKE 10 YEARS IT'S AMBIGUOUS.

notlikethis.png

tbh i might have exaggerated a bit idk if it's 10 years
Do you lose marks for going over the word limit for directed writing or when you have to select the 4 phrases?
anyone give us tips on todays exams, what is question 1,2,3 thanksss
Original post by Quantum42
Do you lose marks for going over the word limit for directed writing or when you have to select the 4 phrases?

No, you can never lose marks for going over the word limit however if you go over it too much you're kind of wasting your time. They suggest how much to write to give you a sense of time with how long you should spend on it.
Original post by nusquam
Yeah, the extract is pretty open-ended. You'll see when you do the exam. Good luck!

What are the questions though ?
Original post by nusquam
tbh i might have exaggerated a bit idk if it's 10 years

Even for a timespan comparable to 10 years that's an issue. I've got no idea what's happening and I don't have the resources to practice it. Thanks for the help anyway!

xie xie!!
Original post by nusquam
Read my answer above. Also, I'm in Hong Kong, so I'm ahead of you guys in terms of time.

What variant did u guys do?
Yeah- don't CIE write exam papers for different time zones for this very reason?
Original post by batbat1306
Yeah- don't CIE write exam papers for different time zones for this very reason?

Just looked- Hong kong are in a different administrative zone than the UK. We will get a different paper. A letter seems to be unlikely now though.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE- YOU'LL BE FINE!!
CIE would be stupid to allow people to do the same exam in different time zones, but we'll see!
Its different for different time zones
Reply 698
the paper we do is for UK only.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So in England it wont be what Hong Kong's paper was???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending