Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

international university

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    hey I'm Ellie i could really use some advice if anyone can help. so I'm planning on moving to America when i turn 18 ( i live in the uk) and go to university while I'm out there.preferably UCLA, but after doing some research i found out my total fee would be 60,000 and i really won't have that money, although if i am a resident of the state my fee will be significantly lower. i was wondering if anyone could tell me how i would go about becoming a resident and whether its possible to do it in the next 2 years and whether the resident tuition fees would apply to me if i have not studied under the american education system. Also my dad is a permanent resident of Washington and his wife is an american citizen would this help me at all?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.