The Student Room Group

Choosing a university

I have several universities that I would love to visit open days for. However, I do not have the time or money to see 10+ universities. How can I narrow it down and how many universities would you recommend visiting?
Original post by Shaya1
I have several universities that I would love to visit open days for. However, I do not have the time or money to see 10+ universities. How can I narrow it down and how many universities would you recommend visiting?

I went to 8 open days. What degree subject are you interested in? Maybe consider the living costs at each university and the modules available.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I went to 8 open days. What degree subject are you interested in? Maybe consider the living costs at each university and the modules available.

I'm hoping to do psychology with a possibility of a professional placement year. I've had a look at the modules but not at the living costs yet. Thank you for the idea!
Original post by Shaya1
I'm hoping to do psychology with a possibility of a professional placement year. I've had a look at the modules but not at the living costs yet. Thank you for the idea!

Also think about distance from home, assessments as part of the degree and whether you feel you'd meet the entry requirements, you need a good range of entry requirements if you can.

Quick Reply

Latest