The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have the mark scheme for the unit 1 specimen paper? I can't find it online
Original post by limbogen
What does everyone think the essay questions will be on this year?
Last year it was: advertising, holidays and friendships.

2014 it was marriage, fashion, internet
2013 it was diet, fashion, family
So television, sport, cinema and technology havent been asked in a while so they could be possibilities
Original post by gwennlebihan
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the unit 1 specimen paper? I can't find it online

There's a specimen paper?!?!?!?!

Can I have the link please?
Original post by yoMilkSheikh

y yo por favor :smile:

TBH they practically always choose a theme from topic 1 (medios de communicación) and last year it was advertising, there has also been so much tv so i believe 1 of the questions will be on technology, plus its such a relatable theme and they could focus on social media or something because for the speaking cards they focussed on twitter etc so but as for the other 2 possible titles i dont know. I dont remember seeing one on health for a while though...
To anyone doing AS for the first time I'd defo recommend resitting in year 13, Spanish has improved a lot at A2 so when doing AS papers if I get a question wrong it's normally because I find something vague like in the V,F and N section not because I don't understand the Spanish:') As for the essay questions hoping technology tbh:frown: Would do health depending on question and sport would be a last resort if it did come up, not my strong point :colondollar:
Reply 46

My teacher predicts and always gets at least one right. The way they do the essay questions, one will probably be either television, internet or cinema. Good luck!

My teacher gave me a paper copy of the specimen paper so I don't have the link, sorry
Original post by gwennlebihan
My teacher gave me a paper copy of the specimen paper so I don't have the link, sorry

Oh I have done it. It's fairly easy, isn't it?
My teacher thinks that it will be on alcohol which hasn't come up yet in Spanish but it is has in German and French or he thinks it will be about why British people like going to Spain on holiday. We are the last year to do AS on this specification so I think there is a big chance that Alcohol will come up - but that's the thing, it could be on ANYTHING!!!!
omg i hope technology does not come up I have not revised it!! Or Cinema!! AHHHH
Original post by Roadmanhan
omg i hope technology does not come up I have not revised it!! Or Cinema!! AHHHH

If the benefits of sport for young people comes up lads I think I will have a fit, it's my most favourite essay to do!! omg this is so stressful, its so unfair because if you mess up the essay you are completely screwed! ;_;
Oh I have done it. It's fairly easy, isn't it?

What was the paper like, can you give us a reveiw?
Original post by Roadmanhan
What was the paper like, can you give us a reveiw?

Super easy. I'm not saying it from a cocky aspect, but compared to actual papers I've done it was really easy! I wouldn't recommend wasting your time looking for it and doing it as it is too easy.
Are all AS levels spanish Unit 1 papers all done on the same day for pupils around the country?
Bit odd but does anyone have a specific order in which they do the paper?

My teacher recommends essay first
Reply 57
Original post by Queenie_Lamb
Bit odd but does anyone have a specific order in which they do the paper?

My teacher recommends essay first

Ooo I usually do the reading first, did your teacher say why they recommending doing the essay first?
Original post by joodaa
Ooo I usually do the reading first, did your teacher say why they recommending doing the essay first?

No, think it was just her personal preference, I just wanted to know if it was the norm to do it in that order
Original post by Queenie_Lamb
No, think it was just her personal preference, I just wanted to know if it was the norm to do it in that order

It all really depends on which parts you need to focus on more. The essay part seems to be the hardest for some while others struggle with reading and listening, but its probably better to just do it in the order the exam goes and just make sure you don't go over the time limit for each section.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending